CLOSED - Thing-A-Day February 2024

Thanks to @AcadianDriftwood for the inspiration for this craftalong and the language below.

Let’s challenge ourselves to make something every day for the month of February! This craftalong is a place to share our motivation, progress, links, finished objects, and failures too, as we work our way through the month.

What counts as a Thing for the day? That’s entirely up to you! Maybe you want to finish something small, or just work for 20 minutes on a larger project. Whatever you feel is an act of creation, that’s what we’re going for.

We encourage sharing pictures of what you did each day. If you’re the list making type, you may use your first post on this thread to edit as you go to see all your things at once. But make sure you still post a new reply to the thread - it’s easy to miss an edit if it’s buried way upthread. And we want to see and encourage each other!

16 Likes

Abbeeroad’s tracking spot. :slight_smile:

Feb 1: Legwarmers
Feb 2: Legwarmers
Feb 3: Craft Date
Feb 4: Legwarmers

3 Likes

TheMistressT’s I-might-give-this-a-try-spot!

1. Computer work for possible trash can label
  2. Die cut label for project keeper
  3. Seam ripping. So_much_blasted_seam_ripping. Hemmed flour sack halves.
  4. Bat hoodie, cut stencils
  5. 3 of 4 stencils on to towels
  6. 4th stencil
  7. Sizzix fun
  8. Vellum clouds
  9. Vday Tags
  10. Trees for the forest
  11. Diorama Background
  12. Valentine Treat Plates for neighbors
  13. Lasagna Ruler
  14. Roadside “shrubbery”
  15. More die cutting, this time words out of indiv letters.
  16. Cutting, stamping, gluing.
  17. Finished Years, They Get Away From You!
  18. Magnetic Freezer-top Hot Pad & Burner Grate Pad
  19. sorted fabrics for Scrap Naps
  20. Planning donation cards AND working on St Paddy’s cards
  21. Lepreclaus
  22. St Paddy’s Decoration
  23. Pressed and cut a lot of scrap naps.
  24. Sewed 3 sets of scrap naps, made tags
  25. Last of the scrap naps for fundraiser, lasagna noods with Fischl
  26. Sewed Dodgers pot holders, front to back, then trimmed and turned.
  27. Finished Dodgers pot holders,
  28. Choose To Shine Card
  29. Best Day Ever Card
4 Likes

AIMR’s tracking spot!

4 Likes

Sounds fun, I think I’ll give it a go! I’ll probably just make a new post each day instead of updating a list/tracking post.

3 Likes

Yes, tracking/list making is totally optional. Posting a pic (or just an update) every day even if you’re tracking is still encouraged as that’s what’s motivating/encouraging to us all!

4 Likes

I might try, but every day may not be feasible for my schedule. If I do five days a week I will consider it a win.

I am calling this my Tracking Spot.
1 - Make pprcrft project for swap.
2 - Swap item 2 & finished pprcrft item
3 - Swap item MS
4- Tested and ordered Copics
5 - Cut fabric squares & fabric for swap, worked on MGS2, Extra Galentine’s Day cards.
6 - Darning experimentation
7 - No time. Gave Dahl a bath.
8 - Migraine
9 - Two magnets done for swaps.

6 Likes

I definitely miss days. I have at least one work trip scheduled and possibly a ski trip that will likely inhibit my ability to craft every single day. But the intention is there. Five days a week would totally be a win!

3 Likes

I’ll join! I think I’ll work on my happypotamus WIP & try to do at least 1 motif a day. I have 4.5 / 44 done right now.

4 Likes

Oooo…what a fun project to track!

3 Likes

I’m here for the craft party!

6 Likes

I will join too! Maybe it will spark my craft-mojo! So I will post each day, rather than make a list. And I will work on both WIPs and new projects (thats what I plan anyway). But craft each day :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I’m in the same boat. It’s going to be more of a Thing-A-Weekday craftalong for me :blush:.

Easy ideas for day’s I’m not working on an active project:

• Pennant for Av’s door
  • Sew rows of Halloween quilt
  • Sew the label on Holly Jolly quilt (or Boardwalk or Morewood Mystery)
  • Bear mosaic ornament
5 Likes

I have a ton of craft commitments, so this would be good for me. But many of them are for swaps, so not sure I can post all the pictures. Hmmm…

:thinking:

6 Likes

I definitely did some swap crafting in past years. Pictures are nice, but certainly not required. You can work on your swap items and still keep them secret with cryptic text-only posts here if you’d like! :wink:

5 Likes

I’m in! This seems like a good opportunity for me to prep some backgrounds for a later ICAD, so I’m planning to use that as my main Feb project. Whether that’s actually what I work on every day is TBD.

4 Likes

What’s an ICAD?

3 Likes

That’s just the abbreviation for the Index Card a Day challenge that happens in the summer (I think – probably need to check on that…). I believe the official version is a two-month thing; I may or may not follow it stringently, but getting a head start on bases seems like a good way to take away some of the overwhelm.

5 Likes

Fun! I have a LOT of projects on my to do list too, I’m going to give it a try.

It’s 1 February here already, so I’m starting NOW!

9 Likes

I’ll join in and post daily rather than a tracking spot.

4 Likes