CLOSED - Thing-A-Day February 2024

Amazing!! Congratulations!! Now what are you going to do for the next week? :laughing:

3 Likes

Thanks! I’ll probably make fish hats or blanket squares or work on something else from my WIP pile. :grin:

4 Likes

I NEED TO SEE ALL THE HIPPO PHOTOS PLEASE! That face is SO CUTE! Show us the bum! lol

7 Likes

Today I’m practicing trees in acrylic

12 Likes

Ooh, looks great!! :smiley:

3 Likes

lol, here you go:

I had to add a little braided tail :grin:

ETA: link to post with more pictures

13 Likes

I feel like this is the only place on the Internet where you don’t end up on a watchlist for that sort of comment :rofl: .

10 Likes

This hippo is too adorable @jellybean!!

Love the trees @photojenn, looking forward to seeing some more forest-y artworks!

5 Likes

I thought exactly that when I typed it, HA!

4 Likes

2/22. I didn’t realize how similar the compositions were until I lined them up for the picture :laughing:.

7 Likes

@jellybean Your hippo is KILLIN’ me with the KEWT! [swoons] Please give it its own thread if you haven’t already!!!

Yesterday I did die cutting and today I finished a new St. Paddy’s project. EEP! I am going to try to take advantage of the quickly disappearing daylight to get pics.

5 Likes

Feb 22 - today I crafted a secret project, this is all I can show …

IMG_5381

7 Likes

This afternoon we took 2 canvases and took turns swapping them back and forth evert 5 min. At the end we split them in two so we’d each have a piece of each one to sew into pouches.

Here are the two canvases and my two pieces at the end

15 Likes

That’s really neat and would make a fun crafternoon project for a future LC meetup.

5 Likes

Oh shoot, that’s some awesomesauce right there.
Have you ever checked out Julie Fei-Fan’s clothes? She sometimes wears some stuff that looks like her paintings & I LOVE IT. I want to wear alla dat.

4 Likes

I’m at Andrea Chebeleu‘s (from aworkofheart/Watch.Learn.Play) place in Oregon. We’ve been having an art play week :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Day 22 - worked on a fish hat:

12 Likes

I’ve been wondering what a fish hat would look like. Now I just need to see an action shot of it being worn :grin: .

4 Likes

I am so impressed by all the things everyone has been doing! I have not been able to maintain a thing-a-day, but I did get these stitched out over the course of two days earlier this week.

13 Likes

Ooh, love those embroideries @AudiobookLover! Perfect for a tote bag or apron!

And those canvases! -Swoonworthy!!

Yesterday I worked on a swap project. Today I’m doing my nails. That’s a whole project by itself, believe me…. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes