CLOSED - Thing-A-Day February 2024

More progress on family Valentines!

17 Likes

Today I took apart a crochet toque I made myself 3 years ago. It would have been great in Alberta where we had little wind but it had too many holes for the wind here in PEI. I’m using the yarn and a different pattern to make myself a new one.

9 Likes

Oof. So far today, all I have done craft-wise is seam rip. Black thread on black polar fleece… serged seams. :sob: :weary:

8 Likes

Ouch. When I have that kind of thing happening, I start wondering what I’ve done, to have been singled out for torment. :tired_face:

5 Likes

First Valentine magnet completed!

14 Likes

Craft date!

16 Likes

I love that the letter box is in the shape of an envelope :heart:

3 Likes

Lucky thrift store score, that box!

3 Likes

I want to do something creative for 15 minutes a day, no matter what it is.

I’m adding things I’ve already done below, and I’ll come back a little later to add the photos.

Februrary…

1st: Put together the Everyday Holidays Craftalong and added some ideas for celebrating some of the holidays. Also, made some envelopes from calendar pages.

2nd: Added more ideas to Everyday Craftalongs and made more envelopes from calendar pages.

3rd: Took photographs at the Repair It! Café. Made more envelopes.

4th: Made the final batch of envelopes.

5th: Took advantage of this beautifully sunny, very mild February day, and took photos at the playground while the children played. Also took some creative photos in the evening at Feb Fest

6th: Made 3 ATCs for the January swap; made a library haul TikTok video. I won’t put the ATC pictures here so I don’t spoil the surprise for the recipients :slight_smile:

7th: Drew a monster for the monster swap. Started on the second monster.

8th: Finished the second monster for the monster swap and finished one of my pieces for the Invite Your Partner swap.

9th

10th

11th

12th

13th

14th

15th

16th

17th

18th

19th

20th

21st

22nd

23rd

24th

25th

26th

27th

28th

29th

7 Likes

Day three was very productive.
20240203_203534

13 Likes

My thing for today was excavating and sorting out part of the sewing room. Not photogenic, but satisfying :smile:

9 Likes

I think I need some of those paint sprays in my life. :heart:

4 Likes

Haha, right? Mostly, this is because I am reconfiguring a storebought piece, but then of course I screwed up and had to undo some of my own work. Mine wasn’t serged, but it was a special knit stitch that has a squidillion stitches per inch, of course.

10 Likes

Feb 4

Photoshoot!

20240204_123613

Hmmm, I wonder what it is…

11 Likes

Day 3 - finished 2 motifs:

11 Likes

Haha! Cussing up a storm, over here. But not giving up.

6 Likes

Done. This took 2 days but DONE!

11 Likes

Day 4: Finished that seam-ripper project: turning a too-small bat “onesie” into a hoodie.

BatHoodie

I had taken measurements, consulted the fitting chart, etc. multiple times and determined that my instinct was incorrect and a medium was the right size. Should’ve trusted my intuition! And since this was a Sept purchase for a December gift, it was too late to exchange. TheMisterT suggested that a hoodie would be a great fix. So I cut it off at hoodie length, removed and moved the pockets up, and added ribbing from stash. I was not ready to deal with replacing the zipper, so what we have here is a 7/8 zip pullover! Oy. Maybe some day I will add to the top of the pants part. Right now I want to never sew black polar fleece again.

15 Likes

2/4: A patchwork of previous cards’ scraps and then one where I just used a card-sized bit of magazine page.

12 Likes

The other day, I went to render a drawing and found two of my Copics were bone dry. So, this morning I tested all of them. I had a few more that were dry and several that could use refills. I couldnt afford to get refills for all of them, but i made a list and ordered about 12 colors.

8 Likes