Thing-A-Day February Craftalong 2020

I love crafters inspiring crafters! Well done @geekgirl and @AIMR.

I forgot to post yesterday, but that’s actually a good thing because it means I was crafting. I did 6 rows on my Klaziena Shawl!

Meanwhile I’ve cleared my schedule for the day, and I’m about to light a candle in my studio, put something mindless on Netflix, and lock myself in to bust through some in-process projects today.

3 Likes

I hate that!

2 Likes

ugh…I hate that, too…I use my bobbin winder and have white, black, grey and beige all ready to go in cases…once the bobbin or thread is out, I lose interest quickly…blech

3 Likes

I’ve been working diligently on my sock and thought I was finished last night. Then I tried it on and discovered I’ll have to rip back the toe due to a measuring miscalculation. sigh At least I hadn’t done the kitchener stitch yet.

4 Likes

For those of us making cotton housewares check out the due diligence this crafter did in choosing her yarn for a bathroom mat- that is some serious sciencey thinking.

4 Likes

In between working on the quilt I started, I made this miniature pocket letter for the miniature art challenge!

14 Likes

I had a couple more non-crafty days this week because my lovely husband encouraged me to take a last minute overnight road trip to go see Margaret Atwood speaking, so that was brilliant. Hope to get an hour of painting in today.

I did make pizza when I got home!

9 Likes

Love this so much. Is it about the size of one pocket on a normal size pocket letter?

2 Likes

Yes, it sure is!

3 Likes

I am a fan of hers, so I am sure it was worth it!

3 Likes

She is wonderful and very funny too!

3 Likes

Does trying to catch a cat count as crafty? Think it’s a stray, been crying outside my house all day. Fed it more meat today then my 3 get between them in 2 days, it was starving! (Mine get meat to try to make sure they come in at night, they have open access to biscuits) Wasn’t successful today, but now it knows it’ll get food here, just a matter of time!

Oh - I did manage to finish crocheting a patch for my jumper as well.

6 Likes

13/29 … today I worked on a mini quilt but didn’t finish as I hoped. It has more detail stitching than I realized. We are going to visit our grand babies for a week so I’ll have to finish it later. I’m going to take crochet with me so I can keep up with the monthly challenge.

4 Likes

Things done today…
A pair of earrings to go with the agate slice necklace I made last week.

And two sets of earrings made with some artisan beads I picked up recently.
Purple and copper.

Blue and violet.

I also started a few other pieces that are in progress.

8 Likes

Nothing fun to share from me in the last couple days; I’ve just been adding some rows to my in-progress sock, and rounding the corners of the tiny cards I’m making. This week has been all about scheduling, research, preparing and planning for things coming up in the next month, and it’s enjoyable but it did eat up my crafty-time!

3 Likes

I decorated two picture frames today for my honey:

6 Likes

Margaret Atwood! Must have been amazing. What a nice husband to suggest it!

3 Likes

Today at work was… challenging to say the least. Therefore, my crafting was all about feeding my soul, literally. I made myself a bread pudding in a mug and plan to sit here in this recliner, enjoying it until my warm, happy tummy says bedtime. :grin:

6 Likes

Yesterday my only crafty pursuit was raiding an Ulta catalog for phrases. Tonight I finished my entry for the paper craftalong challenge – photo to come when I can get a good one in daylight. and here’s a reasonable picture.

5 Likes

OOH, I can’t wait to see what you made!

2 Likes