Thing-A-Day February Craftalong 2020

I love the mini crochet bag…so cute…I think the drawstring with beads would clearly differentiate it from those sacky balls!

Giant pom poms definitely are a win! lol…sorry about the fluff…I think you would get that with most any yarn…it will go away (eventually)…

2 Likes

@calluna, the mini crocheted bag is adorable.

@AntBee, I’m so sorry luv. I feel your pain on the fluff attack. May the hoover be ever in your favor.

4 Likes

What’s life without a little mess, right? I’m thinking of it like confetti. It’s a yarn party! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I love the miniature angel-card deck. I have been planning to make a miniature tarot deck for some time now and having seen how cute theses are, I may have to start it :smiley:

3 Likes

I finished the quilt top! @edel, check it out!

Now, to take it to my LQS to be quilted! I wonder if she has a sports (football?) pattern?

My husband actually gave feedback besides (nice job). He really likes the pattern (as do I–same one as Edel’s green quilt) and we talked about making one for our bedroom.

Once it’s quilted and bound, I’ll make an official post.

10 Likes

I made the fiddliest bookmark ever.

4 Likes

6 Likes

it’s the most colorful hacky sack I’ve ever seen! I like the colors. and I love the tiny cards.

There’s a lot to love in this pic. the fun poms poms. the fun action shot with the adorable model. those awesome elephant pants. and I am loving those penguin peg dolls.

the quilt top looks awesome.

3 Likes

Yesterday:

Today: more work on the challenge project I started earlier this month with the little cusion. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

My job “loves” me so much that we have this coming week off for February break. I claim it as my birthday vacation. :wink:

I spent last night making soups (chicken noodle and a beef vegetable) for my mom. They were portioned out into easy serve containers and tucked into the freezer.

Right now, I’m baking my peanut butter banana bread for my mom.

In a couple of hours, my kids and I are traveling up to TN to visit her and all of the goodies I’ve made will be going with us. This is the first time in many years that I’m spending part of my birthday with her. :slight_smile:

While we’re visiting, I’ll be working on more crocheted dishclothes so I can keep my sanity. LoL

4 Likes

Got these beauties coloured up this morning. Not sure if I want to add more colour to the butterfly or not :thinking:

6 Likes

You are a crafting machine, L2L! Of course I have to ask, who made the crocheted blanket on your bed, and who made that gorgeous moose wall quilt? eyes popping out of head

1 Like

I made the crochet blanket (v-stitch) and quaggy made the wall hanging! She really spoiled me (as she does).

3 Likes

I thought I recognized the wall quilt as a quaggy creation!

2 Likes

@Lynx wow the quilt turned out really well. It looks fabulous, the colour choices are great. Well done you.

2 Likes

15/29 … yesterday I was so busy playing with my oldest grand daughter (18 months) that I almost forgot to craft. Sitting in bed I turned on a podcast and crocheted for 20 minutes before falling asleep. Whew, that was close to missing a day :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I think traveling to visit the grandbabies gives you a pass, but way to fit some time in anyway!

3 Likes

Before you know it, you’ll be crafting alongside one another! That may take the form of play-doh, finger paints, and crayons for a while, but she’s bound to get curious about your own skills as she grows. Creative time with grandma will be such fun early memories for her.

4 Likes

Finished my fabric twine wreath today! I would love to make flowers for it but that will have to wait until tomorrow if I have time… I have to work today since tomorrow I have to go get my driver’s license (new state)…

Thanks @Lynx for the tutorial and the push! It is going to look great on my front door!

12 Likes

It looks so awesome!!

3 Likes