Thing-A-Day February Craftalong 2020

While visiting my mom, I took my yarn and a crochet hook to work on some dishcloths for a friend. My mom saw what I was making and asked for a set for my aunt, so I made some for her and made zero headway on my friend’s set. :rofl:

I have potato soup simmering on the stove. It has been rainy, icky day and the kids asked to have it for dinner. Who am I to complain?

After dinner, I think I’ll work on some embroidery. It’s been a looooong time since I did any real embroidery.

4 Likes

I have a rabbit collection…:rofl:

rabbitduck

Before starting any new projects, I decided I need to spend a few days trying to wrap up my shawl. So marathon crochet night while hubby goes out and plays drums with the guys…

7 Likes

I had plans to make a lightbox today but I got distracted and made chili. I will get to it tonight. Yesterday’s crafts was a batch of coffee body scrub, and lip scrub to replace what I had used up. @AIMR That rabbit is so cute!

3 Likes

17/29 … forgot to post yesterday but still crocheted.

18/29 … added more rows to the afghan I started on Sunday …

6 Likes

I’m in bed looking at all the gorgeousness and thinking ‘did I craft today?’.
I have spent the evening setting up DS2s new tablet and fighting with playstore, but that doesn’t really count.
:thinking::thinking: then I remembered - I got some sewing for sketchbook done. A friend printed one of my computer modified lino prints onto transfer paper for me, I ironed it onto thick craft vilene and stitched into it. Didn’t take photos because my phone died.

3 Likes

Sunday - finished my challenge contest entry!

Monday - baked artichoke spinach mac and cheese. So delicious and gooey.

Today - apple crisp shortbread bars (recipe) - @AntBee directed me to this deliciousness. The only picture I got was after I came home from D&D, so… yeah they were popular!

3 Likes

Yesterday the bracelet I had made several days ago got an upgrade with some charms and findings.

Also made shakshuka for dinner. It was delicious.

5 Likes

mmmm yummy…

@MistressJennie Those are fabulous additions!

That sounds amazing!

1 Like

It is full-on magical now!

2 Likes

I worked yesterday then had a band boosters meeting, so I didn’t have a free moment to craft. But, I have had many days with tons of crafting…so, not gotta fuss over yesterday.

Today, I dropped the Ohio State quilt top off at my LQS for quilting (should be about a 3 week turnaround, which is awesome!).

Since I have the day off today, I plan to add some more photos into my LV photo album after I eat in lunch.

1 Like

I have a few individual things finished to catch up with for Thing-A-Day, but mostly I’ve been working on my sock. First one was finished on the 17th and I cast on for sock #2 yesterday.

9 Likes

A lot of my crafting time this week has gone to crafting a speech for my Toastmasters club’s speech contest. (I didn’t win, but I’m pretty happy with my performance.) Anyway, I have done some work on another Zetti piece. It’s currently languishing a bit, so I may have to shift gears.

4 Likes

Last night I started a project for an LC friend I’ll see next month, so I can’t share pics now. I’m doing some more work on it right now. And earlier today I did some sewing on a skirt project I’m trying to finish.

2 Likes

19/29 … went from grand daughter 2 back to grand daughter 1 for the last couple days of vacation. Did a number of rounds on my afghan while visiting with my DILs. I’ll be sad to leave our family but happy to get back to my sewing machine.

2 Likes

I got my NC driver’s license…I managed to get one row of knitting done before they called me…

9 Likes

I made my first masterboard today! It will be cut up for ATC bases.

6 Likes

This looks great! So many cool elements.

1 Like

Yes!!! More masterboards!!! It looks awesome!

1 Like

Masterboard, sock, bracelet and foods… everything is looking great! I love this thread with it’s varied mediums.
I finished the sweater sleeves and neck today but in the morning I’ll have to see if the neck is large enough to fit over my daughter’s big melon, it looks small.

1 Like