Thing-A-Day February Craftalong 2020

:joy::joy::joy: @Edel, I edited your post. Because despite how often autocorrect is WRONG about what I wanted to say, I’m pretty sure in this case you really did mean DUCK breast and not f@&k breast. :joy::joy::joy:

7 Likes

@MistressJennie thank you! Stoopid phone…

1 Like

It’s feb 2 here - this is what I was working on yesterday, inspired by @AIMR’s manila folder journal.

About to do some more with it this afternoon - it’s super fun just playing with paint and paper and bits!

9 Likes

I made a bunch of things today. Two eBay listings, thin crust pizza for lunch, a new prompt category in the HP Craftalong, and finally, something crafty before I quit my studio for the day. A simple pair of leather tassel earrings!

9 Likes

@jemimah Those are really pretty.

@MistressJennie Good thing you’re an adult for a day! You’ve been a busy bee!

1 Like

I made Sweet Potato and Black Bean Burgers for dinner!

5 Likes

I worked on this stumpwork that was started in Asheville last April, ha!

My “thing” a day will likely amount to working on a UFO, not sure I’m going to get anything totally completed though I will try.

9 Likes

I played with a few projects this evening but the only thing that is potentially done is a masterboard. I want to come back to it in daylight with fresh eyes. I made it to essentially be a container for trauma (mine, other’s, and collective), so I can acknowledge those shadow feelings and realities in a designated space without it seeping into other things I make (hopefully). A thin glaze of paint and maybe a few more things added to it are in order. I don’t like dwelling on this stuff, but it isn’t healthy to cram it down, either, so breaking it into an abstract bunch of ATC bases seems like a good middle- ground.

3 Likes

I’m about to sit down with my “big” thing-a-day goal project- a graphgan 201rows x 201 stitches. I need to finish it by April 1st and I figured the math that if i do 3 rows a day then i will hit that target. So, my “minimum goal” per day is the 3 rows but i intend to do other projects through the month as well.

11 Likes

If this looks familiar, it is because I made almost the exact same thing in the TM patch swap on the dead site. I have made so many things over the years that were hard for me to send off…I vowed that someday, I would recreate my favorite things for myself.

I used the last bit of peacock fabric given to me by @Magpie long ago. Except for more time for additional embroidery and the size, it is pretty darn close to the original. Here is my first February project…a peacock TM patch for moi!

12 Likes

Nice! I love this idea! I’m totally going to do it.
And I remember this fabric, I think I still have a bit of it. It came to me in a swap! Lol, because of course it did :smile:

3 Likes

I made a green salad tonight which may not seem like much but if you knew me, you’d know I can’t stand making green salad … it’s usually my hubby’s job but he was making the rest of supper so I said I’d do the salad.

On a crafty note, I did crochet a couple rows on my shawl, which grows daily and each row is taking longer.

4 Likes

Almost forgot about this already :laughing: but I remembered and pulled out this shawl I’ve been very slowly working on. Some day I won’t take three years to finish anything :laughing:

5 Likes

February 1st was a tough day. I had to say goodbye to my nearly 19 year old cat.

I didn’t want to focus on an actual project so I just practiced making pom poms on my pom pom makers. I eventually want to make animal pom poms but I wanted to practice winding the yarn on the makers first so I used some very old yarn from my stash. I may just use these poms as stuffing for toys or maybe even make a faux topiary since they look a little flowery.

6 Likes

I only just found this thread today, but planning to play along and hoping that it will push me through my current no-crafty-mojo moment.

However, I did finish something yesterday that was started a while ago and has been sat on my desk taunting me. We are National Trust members and they send the most beautiful magazines. Once I had read the latest one through I felt it deserved more than the recycling bin. I went through and pulled out the best pages, created a couple of templates and made some mini envelopes for Inchies and Twinchies.

I didn’t worry about image placement too much, so some of them turned out to be really happy accidents. This is my favourite one -

9 Likes

@WileESongDog I’m so sorry about your cat.
I’ve had to say goodbye to my furbabies over the years and it hurts every time. Remember the good times, the laughs and the cuddles, the memories help ease the pain.
Doing creative things without needing to concentrate hard is good.
Hugs x

3 Likes

@calluna that sounds like a really good way to process the trauma. And something beautiful can come from it.

So many lovely things for the first day of feb

2 Likes

What a neat idea!

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear about your cat @WileESongDog - fur friends are true friends, and it can leave such a big hole in our lives when we lose them.

I really like seeing what everyone’s doing with their daily creativity - you’re all an inspiration :rainbow:

3 Likes

Today’s thing, this quilt top

13 Likes