Thing-A-Day February Craftalong 2020

Made a big batch of turkey chili last night. (That means, yay for not having to cook tonight!) Today I finished my secret project, that I can’t post pictures of because it’s for an LC member. I can say that it is a crochet project, and was designed to use a single skein of yarn. Mission accomplished! Finished with just a few yards of yarn left. Just enough to tie the package up with? Going to wet block it tomorrow.

Finally today I made another batch of vegan cheese. A Truffled Brie. It’s currently cooling in the fridge, so pics tomorrow.

4 Likes

Vegan truffled brie…I almost swooned.

The only completed thing here today was sending a long and difficult email on lack of diversity and inclusion in traditional/heritage crafting in my community. I don’t know where the conversation will go, but it needs to start somewhere. So sorting out my thoughts on that took a big chunk of the afternoon.
I tinkered with a cut paper project idea, but initial attempts were not successes, though I gained some insight on what would be better for the next attempt. I want to play with paint but “it’s too late tonight to drag the paints out into the light.”

7 Likes

@jellybean posted a finished afghan but the pattern she used was no longer available. Then she shared this link that’s identical to what she made. I didn’t buy the pattern though as it was easy to figure out on my own.

2 Likes

23/29 … I added a couple rows to my baby afghan and decided the finishing row is next since I’m quickly running out of yarn.

2 Likes

@LadybugsAndBeesSimple tutorial for free on YouTube

3 Likes

I did this Fabric masterboard .
It was supposed to be the start for another project but it won’t stay the shape I cut it :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: so it’s back to the drawing board, well, sewing machine​:thread:

2 Likes

Maybe try some kind of interfacing or stabilizer between layers if you do a second round? Or much more dense stitching that overlaps itself so the threads can provide some structure.

1 Like

Lol.
That just shat I said, over on initial post :+1::joy:

1 Like

I use heat bond and cover it all with washable embroidery stabilizer then stitch the hell out of it. I have used the fabric to make notebook covers and hearts for other projects…

2 Likes

24/29 … today I finished my baby afghan and you can see it here …

3 Likes

“Shifting gears” ended up meaning “doing no crafting for several days” while I visited my parents over the weekend. But I think I finished that second Zetti piece tonight, aside from maybe some touch-ups tomorrow.

3 Likes

I decided to work a rainbow design around this square wreath form. I’m using scraps from soccer jerseys…see…the proof!

The corner was tricky, but then I figured out how to only use half the form as I round the corner. I have several shades of blue, green, and pink to alternate my rainbow with.

8 Likes

What an interesting shape to work with! I like the rainbow effect…I may end up doing that because I don’t have enough of one color of scraps unless I tear into fat quarters…I am not ready to do that…

I am working on my spouse’s curtains for his studio…he has been waiting patiently…

3 Likes

Spent the day cleaning, organizing, and doing errands. That secret project I finished yesterday? I decided to make another one out of more stash yarn. I’m not sure what I think of the color scheme of the first one, so either this one will replace it, or be a copy for me, or simply be a good little stash busting project to put aside in my gift stash. Did 3 rows on the new one yesterday, and managed to get another 7 rows done today.

2 Likes

I’ve been making bowl cozies. I made it through 2 of the 4 that I have cut out. Lots of learning happening with this! LoL

3 Likes

I made one earring yesterday and the second one today. They’ll have their own post once I figure out if I want them in the miniature challenge.

10 Likes

I got all kinds of ambitious last night. I had left my lunch bag at work and was sad but also it pushed me to make a lunch bag. I had ordered a scrap pack from the custom fabric group QA before they decided to shut down. And in that pack I got some PUL. Which I thought would be perfect for the inside of my bag. And it’s working so far but I have never sewn with it and don’t think I want to even though I have a bunch left :laughing:.

The PUL is from the celestial group they ran that had children sleeping on clouds and moons. QA was a people of color focused group so they always printed fabric with people of color on it. I’m not a person of color but I loved the designs they had.

6 Likes

Thank you. I didn’t see the link. I appreciate it.

1 Like

Thank you too! It is appreciated!

It looks like stained glass!