Thing-A-Day February Craftalong 2020

I haven’t been there in awhile…trying not to buy more stuff…good to know where to get one if I decide to try it! Thx!

I would start with a round wreath for this style first so you don’t have to figure out the corners.

25/29 … picked up a cold from my oldest grand daughter so haven’t had much energy the last couple days but still able to crochet. Started another baby afghan …

7 Likes

I am starting that blanket next!

I did finish my small shawl/neck scarf and will take pics tomorrow. I also finished another pouch.

Putting away the fun sewing stuff for a few days to work on curtains…

3 Likes

Finished weaving my square wreath and am working in my personal hoopla swap while watching tv.

2 Likes

I made cookies from @kittykill’s Flower Sugar Cubes and Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies recipe! There were many more, but this is what was left after game night. They were popular with everyone.

7 Likes

Yahoo!!! Cookies!!!

So far today I’ve been to school to see DS1 and the other year 5 & 6 children get their swimming certificates and badges and I’ve fixed his keyring

3 Likes

A couple ATCs from the last couple days…Wyoming and an altered photo I took in 1997

8 Likes

26/29 … added several rows to my next afghan between naps …

8 Likes

Well the last couple of days I haven’t made anything besides dinner. But tonight I might do a little sewing. We shall see.

The afghan looks very pretty so far Homerof2

4 Likes

Love this colourway! Your afghan looks great.

2 Likes

Yesterday I did just a few rounds on my sock, and after frogging an old crochet project on which I lost hope, I re-started it with the intention of making a cat-basket. Between the intention and going up one size hook, it’s already looking more promising.
Tonight I made a variant of moco loco using what I had on hand (lentils and quinoa rather than rice and beef). The supposedly “sweet onion” I picked up last week didn’t have much flavor, so I added cooking wine to the gravy and that did the trick. I guess I wanted marsala…or maybe just some booze. :crazy_face:
ETA: I apologize for publicly defaming and casting doubt upon the sweet onion; I forgot that I have a cold and probably am not tasting things properly. I shouldn’t be so quick to judge an onion. [hic]

5 Likes

I hope your cold leaves soon @calluna.

The past few days I have finished cutting my dh’s soccer shirts and now need to start my son’s. I am working on a hoop for @JoyfulClover (almost done!), and added a neat embellishment to a small fabric twine wrearh3 I ordered from Etsy.

It’s for my sil who has a kid in marching band and one who plays football. I need to add some football embellishment (maybe a wooden football on the bottom) and possibly the school name (scrabble tile or small squares? The name has 10 letters and a space) and the wreath is 8".

9 Likes

Finished my crochet shaw/neck scarf! The yarn was given to me by my friend @loves2experiment. Love this simple pattern.

13 Likes

It’s lovely!

2 Likes

I can see school colors wreaths with these kinds of embellishments being popular!

I am thinking of doing one in black and gold for football season this fall…it could be for my alma mater, Purdue or my team, the Pittsburgh Steelers!

1 Like

Just don’t ask me to make an OSU Buckeye wreath. I’m Buckeyed out! haha!

Yeah, I can see school color embellished wreaths being popular, too.

1 Like

Ohhhh! I am so intrigued!

Yours is also in process, @Lynx. But I had an idea, and I’m trying to figure it out!

1 Like

You are going to love it!

I think I’m gonna have to give my fingers a break soon. All these weaving and stitching is cramping my style…errr, my fingers!

Not too long though, because the March stitchalong theme is almost here!

1 Like