Thing-A-Day February Craftalong 2020

I finished construction on the sweater. After having to redo the neckline to accommodate her not-so-wee noggin. First i added increases but didnt like how that looked so frogged it and redid it with just a stretchy bind off and that did the trick. Now to weave ends and add duplicate stitch embellishment.
My needed yarn arrived for the big blanket yesterday so that can get worked on again, too.

2 Likes

I havenā€™t been doing too much crafting this last week. I have been helping do some cleaning and creating a new DnD character to use for a one shot or two. So nothing super crafty but still doing something at least.

2 Likes

20/29 ā€¦ yesterday I added several rows to my baby afghan while babysitting grand daughter 1.

This evening we fly home so Iā€™ll crochet on the flights.

4 Likes

That blanket looks very warm and I love the colors! Your cats are adorable too!

Jacob was THRILLED to receive the ā€œmanlyā€ :smile: items you made for him using the suit material and his material. It was cute to see how surprised he was when he opened up the bags! Thank you so very much!

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been steadily working on my secret project. Iā€™m about halfway through, and surprised at how quickly itā€™s working up. Wish I could show you all, but the intended recipient might see it, and we canā€™t have that. A little annoyed with myself for inadvertantly creating several secret projects this month! Going to spend the afternoon sewing on some skirts Iā€™m altering. Then hopefully this weekend I can work on the badge holder Iā€™m making my husband, to wear at Gary Con (D&D convention) in March.

1 Like

Well, Day one went by without a stitch being done. I went on a date with my hunny instead. He was in the mood for a greasy burger, so off we went to the nearest (and only) Wendyā€™s in town. We did have a discussion about how my time was going to used for the next few weeks. He now understands that sewing must be my top priority. He even offered to help me clean my sewing room!!! Hopefully I will have something to show you on the blessing outfit project by Monday.

6 Likes

I canā€™t find my big block of beeswaxā€¦I still have about six boxes of crafting supplies left to open but I canā€™t today since some of our furniture is arrivingā€¦grrrā€¦

I did find my big plastic bin of doll heads, arms and legsā€¦ :smiley:

But I am working on hubbyā€™s curtains because I am sick of looking at the blankets he has put up to block out the sunā€¦

5 Likes

Oyā€¦Iā€™m done for the day. Iā€™ve been meal prepping for the upcoming months. As a teacher, March and April are rough. First, itā€™s Prepare for Testing! Then, Aprill is TEST THE WORLD! U.G.H.

So I decided to prep easy meals. Iā€™ve cooked hamburger w/ onions and garlic that can be turned into various casseroles or tacos/nachos, marinated chicken breasts, made 12 mini meatloaves, 18 patties for Loco Moco (a family favorite dinner), 2 lbs of sloppy joe meat in sauce (frozen into two batches) and there are two regular size meatloaves currently cooking. All told, thereā€™s about 17+ meals worth. (We always plan for a bit of leftovers for easy lunches the next day. :slight_smile: )

Loco Moco is a Hawaiian fave that my husband enjoyed when he lived in the islands.

7 Likes

Loco moco sounds so good! I couldnā€™t figure out what to cook for dinner and just grazed a bit, but now I wish Iā€™d seen this recipe first. Well, I know what Iā€™m making tomorrowā€¦

For tonight Iā€™ve been sitting by the fire (I made fire, yay!) prepping an altered book project I hadnā€™t touched in about a year and a half. I have had the innards, but needed a really big book in which to assemble them, and just found the right one this past week.

4 Likes

That lap blanket is really cool. What sort of stitch do you use?

1 Like

I alternate single crochet, double crochet all the way across. Then when you turn your work you do single crochet, double crochet again making sure your single stitches are in the previous double stitches. And the doubles are in the single crochets. It makes a tighter weave than other crochet patterns

4 Likes

Oh that sounds super easy @geekgirl and it looks awesome. Hmmm what yarn to getā€¦

2 Likes

wowā€“thanks for a simple patternā€¦are you doubling up on yarn as well? Love the sort of gradient effect you and your cat are getting, @geekgirl!

1 Like

After several busy days, Iā€™m back to the crafty grindā€¦and, Iā€™m finally brave enough to cut into soccer jerseys for my first soccer tshirt quilt. Cutting and stabilizing at the moment.

3 Likes

This is a spin on Moco Loco that a friend got me hooked on. His wife is a librarian, and came home with a copy of Breakfast for Dinner, and told him to make things from it. He made it for me one night, and now itā€™s a favorite. Itā€™s not the exact version made in HI, but it is delicious. https://heartbeetkitchen.com/2013/recipes/type/breakfast/loco-moco-review-breakfast-dinner/

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing that! Iā€™m going to try it for a baby afghan.

2 Likes

Tim Hortons ?? Arenā€™t you in the US? I didnā€™t realize Tims did soccer outside Canada.

2 Likes

Oh thanks for sharingā€¦I have been collecting easy to make meals since I no longer have Blue Apron!

1 Like

Tim Hortonā€™s is really big in Ohio! We had several locations in PA as well but none where I live nowā€¦

3 Likes