Thing-A-Day February Craftalong 2020

21/29 … long evening flying home yesterday … 12 hours between two flights, layover and driving from airport … but I got lots done on my afghan and when I can keep my eyes open, I’ll post a photo.

2 Likes

I bet you are glad to be home but already missing the grandbabies!

2 Likes

Yes, we have tons. They’ve sponsored our rec club teams many times! Our rec club chooses new teams 2x/year for each Spring and Fall season.

3 Likes

Holy crow! Sounds like you go a lot done!

1 Like

1 1/4 balls of Mandala Tweed Stripes Used so far.

10 Likes

I know! I looked twice too, lol.
In fact it’s owned by a Brazilian company now though, they also own Burger King. Restaurant Brands International I think.

I have only been able to make on the weekends but most days I have done a little crochet on the C2C baby Afghan I’m making for a friend. It’s going to take me another month to finish at this rate.

2 Likes

The closest Tim Hortons to our soccer league is across the river in West Virginia!

1 Like

Not only is the yarn lovely, but the pattern is mesmerizing…it is like a whirlpool …lovely job…

1 Like

Thanks … I saw a completed afghan posted on here last week and had to start one right away because I liked it so much.

Today I finished a short handspun-and-sequin i-cord that had fallen to the bottom of the project list repeatedly in the past couple years.

2 Likes

Everyone’s projects are looking good! I’ve been a mix of busy and then lazy. Working and then helping clean up the house (we are not neat people and need to work on that). But I was able to work on the quilt I had started to cut out last week. It’s a pretty easy pattern that I know can be done in a day (if I would just stay in the sewing room and do it :sweat_smile:). But I’m excited to get the top done because it’s cute fabric.

1 Like

I worked on several projects but they are all in various stages of completion.

I ordered some glitter elastic that showed up today so I am hoping to work on some notebook pen holders as well.

3 Likes

I had two strips of the floral fabric that I had previously used to make curtains for my guest bathroom. It was driving me crazy sitting in my scrap bin. I had two other fabrics from the same line and scrounged around for two more to make a mug rug for the toilet tank. The stark white was too much and it seemed it was always dusty.

toilet%20mugrug

14 Likes

I got my quilt top finished yesterday! I am very happy with how it turned out. I love the colors and pattern of this fabric.

5 Likes

Yep, 2 strands. The gradient is from using a mandala yarn. Then I’m adding in bits of other yarn from stash. I’m using small bits so I’m changing the 2 strand out every few rows. So far I’ve used yellow, gray, tan, and white. Actually 3 different yellow, none the same. Who knows why I had so much yellow yarn.

It’s turning into a pretty thick sturdy cat bed, I mean blanket

4 Likes

Awesome…and thanks! I have loads of leftovers and even some “ugly” yarn that will be good when mixed in…think I will spend some time this afternoon gathering all of these and putting them in a basket next to my desk…

2 Likes

Great looking quilt top!

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

We’re in our last week! Let’s push our creative energy to the end!

I finally posted my ATCs that were my thing for the 19th - 21st.

And yesterday’s thing was chocolate dipped strawberries (and some potato chips because why not) for a birthday party.

8 Likes

Ok, I’m not crazy. Those are chocolate covered potato chips!

Also, I just bought my first bolt–30 yards of stabilizer ought to get me a good dent into the 5 t-shirt quilts I’m finally starting. 3 soccer and 2 wildfire (my dh’s dad was part of the computer teams that would go out to combat wildfires out west for many years and they would sell t-shirts about the fires he would bring home for the grandkids) and so now that he’s retired and not going out on fire anymore (and the kids are starting to outgrow/no longer wear the shirts) it’s time to make quilts for those.

Bonus: used a 50% off coupon for JoAnn’s to buy the bold.

Sadly: I forgot to have them scan my rewards (mission: spend $5, get $5 later) so I will have to go back tomorrow and find something. But, I also forgot to get wreath forms and they didn’t have any soccer fabric, so I’m sure something will fit the fill to get me that reward.

3 Likes