This Glow-in-the-Dark-Side case

Hi there, time to show my glow-in-the-DarkSide 3D glasses Star Wars inspired case. That’s a mouthful…

You guessed it, I’m a SW fan. Yes, I was there back in 1977, 11 years old, being utterly overwhelmed by that guy dressed in black coping with life threatening breathing issues. You can do the math.

Along with 3 other twelve-year-olds I went to see the SW movies in the latest trilogy, Episodes 7-9. Last time around though, I decided to craft a case for our 3D glasses. I must admit my nerdy friends were impressed.

Fabric is cotton, inside lining is soft felt and the strap comes from a bunch of NVG, Night Vision Goggles, carrying straps I had lying around. All sewing machine skills were taught by my DW, my darling wife @madebyBeaG

May the Force be with Crafty People.

22 Likes

You had a good teacher! I love that they glow in the dark…perfect for the theme…

How great that a childhood trip to the movie created a lifetime fan! Enough to make these nicely made functional and fun cases!

I remember seeing the movie with dear friends but as a graduate student. Been a fan since!

2 Likes

The Designing and Sewing Force is definitely with you, my Star Wars fan!

2 Likes

Excellent fabric choice!! And I love that you have your own 3D glasses! 12 year olds are hart to impress! Well done.

There is life before Star Wars…and after. It’s never the same! :laughing:

2 Likes

Oh my gosh, this is the best!!!

2 Likes

Thanks everyone. I thoroughly enjoyed making them!

2 Likes

I should’ve explained better Abbeeroad: by 3 “other” 12 year olds I meant 3 other nerds my age… ;-D

2 Likes

ha ha so you meant “12 year olds” as in the geekiness factor, not the chronological age…ha ha ha ha

I often say my husband is a “15 year old” boy…ha ha ha

3 Likes

Good job! That fabric is great.

2 Likes

Sure did. 3 Other nerds besides the crafty one ;-D

3 Likes

The rest of the fabric I’m going to use as lining for a book cosy. Still have to work that one out…

3 Likes

Ahahahaha! Even better. :smile:

3 Likes

Awesome! My husband would love these glow in the dark Star Wars things!

2 Likes

Cool! I’ll send him the pattern. He can make his own… ;-D

3 Likes

Brilliant! Where did you get the glow in the dark fabric?

2 Likes

I got the fabric from feebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-The-Dark-Side-Glow-in-the-dark-Halloween-Fabric-Material/193148110146?hash=item2cf8864542:g:MrQAAOSwiRFdnNvb

3 Likes

This is the perfect use for this fabric! And a super fun souvenir from a fun time with friends!

2 Likes

Thank you for the link!

2 Likes

So much awesome in a teeny tiny space! Thanks for the humorous back-story, and please tell your wife I’m coming over for sewing lessons. :blush:

2 Likes

Drop by any time!
You know we’re in Belgium, right?

2 Likes