Through the Witch's Garden shawl

Time to show off my recently completed lace shawl! This is the first big lace project I have finished since having my son in 2021. Pregnancy/mommy brain really does a number on how well one can follow a knitting pattern! I forgot(?) how to read charts for a bit…

This is the Through the Witch’s Garden shawl, pattern by Melinda Measor (Rhyflowerknits on Ravelry), using some sparkly fingering weight navy tonal yarn by Destination Yarns.

Ravelry page link here

It’s still pinned to the blocking mats, so I’ll get a better picture of it maybe this weekend. This will be entered into my county fair in August. :blush:

30 Likes

Completely incredibly stunning. Like half of a magnificent mandala. Gorgeous.

3 Likes

Thank you!!

1 Like

My brain is 22 yearas out from mommy brain and i could never. That’s fantastic work and i love the navy, a nice switch for a dark neutral. Beautiful job.

2 Likes

Gorgeous and delicate.
I like the multicolors behind it; should be fun to experiment with different things to wear under it.

3 Likes

Absolutely beautiful!

2 Likes

It’s gorgeous!

2 Likes

I’m so happy to see your return to lace knitting. And what a beauty to return with!! This is just all around gorgeous. Love the yarn, too!! I bet you’ll rock that fair. :metal:

3 Likes

Absolutely amazing my friend. Good luck with the Fair!

2 Likes

This is absolutely gorgeous! I love the tonal yarn. The pattern for this thing must have been huge! So many rows and stitches, but totally worth it.

1 Like

So intricately delicate, but also somehow “pointy” enough to be kind of tough/mighty.

1 Like

Breathtakingly beautiful! Good luck at the fair.

1 Like

:tulip: :boom: Ah-MAY-zing! Your witch’s garden shawl is one of this week’s featured projects! :boom: :tulip:

3 Likes

holy moly! this is amazing. it looks fantastic

1 Like

Thanks, everyone!! It felt so good to get back to my fancy lace place. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Beautiful. I’m struggling to see it as navy with all those colours behind it!!

2 Likes

It is poorly lit and yes the background does not help, lol. There will be better pictures outside later.

1 Like

I like the background, my brain is just not seeing it as navy, I see it as rainbow colours that make me happy.

1 Like

This is beautiful. I like that you chose navy over black. Makes it more unique. I hope we see another pic because I bet the sparkle is amazing!

2 Likes

This is spectacular!! Wow!

2 Likes