Toddler clothing care package

So, this could have gone in a couple categories or been a bunch of posts, but that seemed excessive. To me it was one big project, so I figured I’d post it that way.
My adorable niece lives far away from me so I don’t get to spoil her regularly. Instead, I’m trying for care packages. I did this set of onsies last time. This is her 12 - 18 month clothing kit.

The whole package:

These shirts have patches stitched on:

This one has a Shakespeare quote cut with my Silhouette Cameo and heat pressed on. (Picked because I loved @Rlynn’s so much :wink:)

This is crocheted from a skein of Lion Brand Mandala yarn following this pattern from Etsy. I like the finished product, though the pattern was more of a tutorial and a bit tricky without a kid to measure.

I had another skein of Mandala, so I knit these bubble overalls using this pattern from Ravelry. I love the colors and I’m trying not to be bothered by the fact that the colors on the back straps don’t match perfectly. (eye twitch)

Last but not least, I crocheted this jacket from stash yarn and this pattern from Etsy. This one way great - quick and easy to follow, minimal seaming (I hate hate hate seaming). It has a cute hood and I laser cut buttons to size with a maple leaf on them as she’s currently living in Canada.

She’ll be 1 year in July so fingers crossed that they’ll fit for a while. Yarn is stretchy at least. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

25 Likes

Oh goodness the whole package is amazing.
The shirt with the fierce quote, of course as I’m sure you knew it would be, is probably one of my favorites, but those rainbow overalls…perfection. I didn’t even notice the back straps until I read the line. Everything is super cute!!

3 Likes

What a lucky little niece you have! This is such a wonderful collection of clothes for her! And those rainbow overalls… ACK!

3 Likes

These are beautifully done and amazing!!!

1 Like

I love the rainbow overalls…and that little jacket with the custom buttons…I think it all goes together! Beautiful work as well…the edging on the jacket is such a professional looking detail.

3 Likes

These are all super cute, but I think I like the jacket the best!

2 Likes

Thanks folks! I do love the colors of the rainbow overalls, but the fierce shirt and jacket are my favorites. Probably because I’d be likely to wear both in my size. :laughing:

3 Likes

Everything is amazing!! The bubble overalls are my favorite and I think I could pull them off in my size. Tweedle Rainbow.

What a good aunt you are!

1 Like

Nice job on everything! That jacket is my favorite and the buttons are super cute. I love that you customized them!

1 Like

Oh my goodness! Everything is so sweet.

1 Like

Oh wow, what a wonderful gift package!
You are an amazing aunt!

1 Like

Congrats! Your Toddler Clothing Care Package is one of this week’s featured projects. You rock!

1 Like

That is ALL completely adorable and marvelous and generous and amazing! But OMG do those rainbow bubble coveralls come in my size?!! My favourite bit is the slightly asymmetrical colour on the straps, I love when something is nearly perfect except for one small unique details that proudly states “HANDMADE”. That’s the best!

2 Likes

True. That is a much better way to look at it. :wink:

Such a fabulous gift!!

1 Like

Congrats! Your project was one of the best of 2021! You are awesome!