Toothy the Walrus

I just finished this little lady last night! I’m participating in a CAL on Instagram called #amiatthebeach. It’s an interesting system! I signed up at the beginning of the month by following the ten different designers organizing the event, and posting on my own blog that I’d be participating. That allowed me to follow the private CAL account. Then, for the whole month of July, every three days they’re posting a new pattern for free - but only the first half! To get the second half for free as well, you have to crochet the first half and post your progress to your story! So I had three days to do the first half of this cute little walrus. Fortunately I did manage to finish, and got the second half as well. All ten of the featured designs are also half off on the respective designers’ shop pages for the whole month as well.

So this is Toothy the Walrus, by @hugurumitoys !

I think she makes a nice friend for Wilfred the Walrus I made earlier, don’t you?

There should be a cute corgi pattern posted in the CAL sometime soon! I hope I can finish that one in the time limit as well! :slight_smile:

16 Likes

Oh she is lovely! I adore her ruffles.

1 Like

This is the cuteness I needed just now!!

1 Like

Love the idea of the CAL so great to keep participants motivated and engaged!

1 Like

Cute!

1 Like

ACK! Adorable!

1 Like

Those ruffles are killing me! So cute!

1 Like

Cuteness overload!!

1 Like

Maybe I’m hungry, but she looks like an ice cream cone. No matter-- I really love her!

1 Like

Adorable! I love the big eyes! Such a great touch. The ruffles are adorable!!!

1 Like

Very sweet!

1 Like

Wilfred got a girlfriend! She is too cute. I love the challenge of doing the first half in three days. What a lot of fun, and pressure! I love this lady.

2 Likes

Thanks!

Unfortunately I didn’t end up making any of the other dolls in this particular CAL, mostly because I didn’t have all the right yarn on hand. They did provide a list of what materials were necessary beforehand, but I hadn’t prepared enough. But I ended up buying some of the patterns I liked from it, which were half off during the CAL anyway, so I working on one (on my own, slower timeline) right now! I do hope there’s another CAL like this in the future some time when I’m less busy though! It really is a fun idea!

1 Like