Totes for STS for 2022

I had a super busy weekend, but I was able to eek out some tote bags for STS. I like to make my totes with vinyl at the bottom to help them stay cleaner and add a little interest.

I planned on using only stash fabric, but then I saw the bird fabric at JoAnn’s, and it was on sale, so I grabbed it too. The rest are from stash. I got the orange cat & yellow flowers from Ikea years ago.

I posted the watercolor tote before, but I figured I would also throw it in this post because you can see the gray interior.

I had to have this cat fabric when I saw it, but didn’t know what to do with canvas fabric. The print was too large for the smaller purses I made at the time. I have this print in black on curtains and throw pillows. They didn’t offer black in the yardage fabric. I used a black and gray plaid for the interior.

This is the bird fabric I got from JoAnn’s. The canvas is softer than the rest of the canvases I used. It also has a gray fabric interior. I used a marine navy blue vinyl for the bottom of this one. The rest are regular vinyl in black.

This was my favorite tote. I wasn’t sure when I was cutting it out, but I really like how it turned out. It has the black and gray plaid interior too.

I am adding all of these to my STS store in September. I have enough to make doubles of all of these. I already made the handles when I made this set. If they don’t sell I will use them when I give away Christmas presents as the “bag”.

Thanks for checking them out.

28 Likes

Love that yellow one!! I’m sure they will get snagged right up!

2 Likes

You are killing me with these beautiful bags! I didnt sign up for the swap because I dont have the mental bandwidth for all it entails and now i’m sooo jealous! I love them all but I can say without doubt if i saw the cat one in a shop I would buy it for my cat obsessed bestie for Christmas and the yellow one for my tote bag obsessed self.
Beautiful work and awesome fabric choices!

5 Likes

Ahhhh—- I hope I don’t miss these! The yellow one is so wonderful, and I do love yellow. The cats are seriously cool as well (and I noticed that the display hook is also a cat; cute touch!)

4 Likes

Almost everything in my house is cat themed. LOL!
Thanks for the kind words. If these sell quickly, I might make more. Like I said, I have enough fabric for at least two of each of the totes. More for the cats and yellow flowers. I have so much of the yellow flowers but I am fussy cutting that one. I have too. I would just need to get more interior fabrics.
Sample of my house.
my light switches.

Above the doors.

Even my mugs

Cats are everywhere! That and cat towers. :joy_cat:

8 Likes

Wow! That cat light switch cover is amazing! And you do have a lot of cats in your decor.

No wonder you bought that orange cat fabric and made a bag out of it…

3 Likes

These are gorgeous!
I hope I manage to grab one— I’m sure they will be coveted in STS!

3 Likes

Oooo! You make such lovely bags. I am quite partial to the orange cats because I love loud colors and I love cats! No sts for me, though, I’m in enough swaps.

3 Likes

I have no need for more totes but I love ALL of these!!

4 Likes

They are all SO freaking awesome! They’ll all be gone the first day!!! :+1::+1:

3 Likes

Really??? Everyone needs more totes, surely??

3 Likes

These are so beautifully and thoughtfully made! And such great ways to use the larger scale printed canvas!

2 Likes

Gorgeous fabrics with your signature impeccable construction.

2 Likes

You’re killing me smalls with all these cool bags!

4 Likes

These are soooo nice! I love that bird fabric.

2 Likes

Your bags are fantastic! I really like the bird one. You’re so talented! All of them are so pretty!

2 Likes

I didn’t even realize, the blanket on the back of the couch in the last picture, is of my beloved Venkman, You can see his eyes. I had to move the pillow with his face to get the picture. Yes, I am cat obsessed. :rofl: :joy_cat: :rofl: :joy_cat:

5 Likes

I didn’t even SEE the blanket. How could I have missed those ginormous eyes?
:eye: :eye:
Someday, you should wander around the house and count the cat images.

2 Likes

Putting vinyl on the bottom is a great idea! Love the orange kitty tote.

2 Likes

I don’t go for yellow often, but that yellow flower tote is great!

2 Likes