Trash to Treasure Bench

Thanks all! I would love to find a hibiscus or flamingo print for throw pillows… Oh! Pineapple shaped pillows! Hmm…so many ideas! I also want to make bunting for over the bench.

3 Likes

I love this so much!

Absolutely gorgeous! I love the new colour & I really love the rustic look of that corner with the shed and the oldfashioned (and beautiful! not meant as an insult ) flowers.

Gorgeous! It always amazes me the stuff people throw out. I so would of grabbed that.

1 Like

Very cool bench, nice work reviving it.
The shape of it sort of reminds me of a cloud, so I’m seeing it with white cloud shaped cushions. Probably not very practical for outside.

1 Like

It’s so YOU!

This turned out so great! I just love a good “curbside pickup” story, too! And who wouldn’t want a FREE DOOR? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Thanks all! I am pretty proud that I was able to give it new life. It does look like a cloud!

Thanks! Our yard is a mix of tiki and old fashion-vintage inspired flowers/style. It somehow works. LOL! I love flowers and this year I decided to get some that were more traditional. In my pollenator garden I went for specifically for Victorian English. I love mixing up styles. It’s fun! Yes, rustic. That’s what that garage/shed is!

It is Monty approved! The cushion is warm from the sun so his little almost naked body is happy!

11 Likes

Nakey Monty!

He looks so comfortable! So many people think gardening is about perfectly manicured lawns and not a single leaf out of place (which no one is ever going to achieve for more than 1 day) but actually it’s about creating happy and inviting places. And this place looks so cozy, everyone would want to sit down there, preferably with a book and a cup of tea or a glass of homemade lemonade.

2 Likes

Love the color. Great save!

1 Like

Same here-we cal our neighborhood The Bermuda Triangle

I love the coral colored spray, tiki themed is such a cute idea!

4 Likes

Oooh, I am all about this trash-to-treasure thing! This is beautiful!!

It looks amazing. Such a score on the free cycle. I’m always hauling stuff home on walks that people leave out. Vases, ceramic pots. A box fan! Lol.

1 Like

Best thing I ever found was a cast iron skillet! Someone just left it out in their front yard…I walked past it to go home to get my car (I was walking the neighborhood)…when I got back, it was gone…I was so sad…but a few minutes later, my hubby walks in with it! He was walking as well (a different route) and carried it all the way home! ha ha…we laughed…that was over 20 years ago and we still use the skillet!

6 Likes

I belong to a buy nothing group on Facebook. It is only for a few miles around my house (if you are on FB, check it out, they have them all over the world and one in your area). I got an espresso maker that someone was getting rid of because a small leak. 25 cent seal and new espresso maker for me! I also got the most beautiful painted screen off of that group. Sometimes people are weird, like giving away a half bottle of suntan lotion but most of the time there are a lot of kids clothes and appliances. Someone once gave away a really nice TV that was less than a year old because they got a new one.

2 Likes

@AIMR - that is hilarious! I hate when it’s raining and I have to juggle the leash, my ‘brella, a poop bag and my loot. Then sometimes I get home and it doesn’t work out so I leave it out front for someone else and I think - I cannot believe I carried that stupid thing for a mile in the rain.

@kittykill - I am not on FB. My sister has all these wonderful buy nothing stories.

2 Likes

This is lovely. I also get rid of so much by setting it on our curb. :slight_smile: I love it

I love that coral color. It really makes it pop!

Your craft is :fire:! That’s why it’s one of this week’s featured projects. Thanks for sharing it with us! :tada:

1 Like