Traveling Little Visitor Swap Round 30 - Gallery

Whoa! That is VERY Christmasssy!!!

I’ve been not so great at posting all of our adventures here, as everything suddenly got super busy (and our washing machine decided to die, along with possible electrical problems in our house, so boooooo to that!). Here’s a pic from our usual Christmas gig spot. They do a lot of weddings here, so there are some fun photo ops.

We also have some family in town, so we have reason to do some of the “touristy” things as well. Here are a few shots from the Pearl Harbor Museum. We didn’t take the ferry over to the Arizona memorial, but you can still see it across the loch.

3 Likes

The end of last year, before learning of C-ster closing, I also learned the pottery place I frequent was being sold. But…good news, the store manager was able to purchase the space. Now, like the ashes of C-ster turning into the homegrown and much better LC, The Pottery Place is now The Watering Can Art Studio.

Today, SusieQ and I went to the ribbon cutting and soft opening. Tomorrow, weather permitting, we’ll go back with my dd for the Grand Opening!

LC is my favorite space on the Internet and The Watering Can is my favorite local place. From old to new…better!

4 Likes

We had a rare Saturday off and ran a bunch of errands today, but also took time to head over to the Dunedin causeway. It’s part of the intercoastal.

Iki enjoyed getting back to a little surf and sand (even if its halfway around the world! :smile: )

3 Likes

Awww the Intercoastal…so peaceful!

My daughter and I had a girl’s day with SusieQ around a quaint town hosting it’s first Ice Festival on it’s down town main streets. A local ice sculptor made 17 creations that we checked out.

Here are some of Susie’s favs.

5 Likes

Hello everyone! I am here having some minor adventures, but tomorrow I head to Cairo. Naturally Flobot is coming with me, and I hope to show her only the best the city has to offer. :slight_smile:

I get home February 2, so I’m definitely not sad about the date change.

3 Likes

So, Dani and I had a bit of a surprise Saturday yesterday. On Friday evening I was offered a spare ticket to parts 1 & 2 of Harry Potter & the Cursed Child, up in London. So we travelled up by train, watched Part 1 as the matinee and went back for part 2 in the evening. We had a tiring, but fantastic day, but unfortunately had some trains cancelled on the way home, so ended up catching the very last train home. We finally got in at 2.30 am!

The theatre is just beautiful

The last train started off really busy, but by half way home (it’s about a 2 hour ride) there were very few people left on the train!

7 Likes

We found a GIANT, oversized beach chair at the flea market today. It would have made me look like a little kid, but of course, for Iki, it was even more pronounced! :smile:

6 Likes

Hahahaha! I always think those huge chairs are so hilarious!

2 Likes

We had to make sure Zoey got some actual shave ice while she’s here. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Wonderful pics everyone!

I had surgery today (People always ask if it was serious, etc. with concern so: My fallopian tubes were removed electively as I wanted to remain child-free and had a 13+ year overdue diagnostics on endometriosis. They did find some and it was scarring, but I don’t have all the details yet. Hoping no additional surgery with anything more serious). I originally was going to bring Daisy along as it was a celebratory surgery, but I couldn’t bring valuables. That meant them and my cellphone. I didn’t get my cellphone back til after surgery when my parents visited, so no pics. Ah well, they (Daisy, not my parents, but them too lol) can comfort me instead. haha

So depending on recovery, I may have limited current pics or a lot of new ones (lots of events I hope to be at/participate in if I can). In the mean time I will post more pics that I haven’t shown yet. However, not this moment as I have only had about an hour of sleep in 2 day. Not the best for healing. >_<

5 Likes

I hope you have a quick and easy recovery and don’t need any additional surgery.

Peanut had a blast at a cookie decorating class!

4 Likes

Looks like a fantastic time was had :smiley:

Oh my goodness! I hope you heal completely and relatively pain free!:heart:

Hey all! It has been insanely busy with school being back in session (I work at an elementary school) but did manage to get a few pics when my daughter went to see Hamilton last week. Also, we have some fun happening later today and over the weekend so Amelia will have some fun adventures to share on Sunday or Monday. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Whoa, Peanut’s cookies are amazing!!!

Speedy recovery! Fellow endometriosis sufferer here, fallopian tubes removed as they were totally scarred.

1 Like

Life’s been quite busy here, same as @Audania with schools being back (twins are at Primary school, I for at a Secondary/High School).

However, we’ll have our February break soon and there are several thing we’ll be doing.

We just finished our first round of “Game of Life” ever, and I think Vic was very happy that my first action card was “Snorkeling in the Great Barrier Reef”. I wonder if he’s a bit homesick??

3 Likes

I need to apologize to my partner-Lynx2Lancer and to the organizers…I do have photos to post and to put in the album. Between life and now our beloved beardie passing…I’m being less then a good swap member.

2 Likes

Take all the time you need to grieve. I know you’ve had a lot going on lately.

2 Likes