Traveling Little Visitor Swap Round 30 - Gallery

Just stopping in during this nutso (and sick, bleh) week, as the gamelan shows are finally here! (which means sleep shall come soon, haha!)

I’m not allowed to take many photos, but here are a few…

There are some more (“official”) photos of the actual production here at this blurb by the local paper. (I think I explained before— it’s basically giant shadow theatre, with dancers, actors, and live music.)

https://www.staradvertiser.com/out-and-about/the-last-king-of-bali-at-kennedy-theatre/?fbclid=IwAR34sMQqfWRN3-G8rQI4bnc97qoZ2a3wfK-epe83PcNy-sGMnltZ6Jj6QhI

3 Likes

That looks super cool!! Hope you feel better too.

2 Likes

We had our first snow of 2020, so SusieQ and I checked out the creek with my dog Mia.

3 Likes

Lynx2Lancer, I love that photo!

I’ve been taking photos of Mr. Sparkles, I just need to post them.

Oh my gosh! I somehow skipped over the pow wow photos! (I’ve been super absent from here lately — so sorry) Looks like you’re all having so much fun!

1 Like

Oh! And I forgot to post a couple photos from our invasive plant survey this past Saturday! Once a month, the O’ahu Invasive Species Committee has a day for volunteers to survey for two specific plants that are still contained to an arboretum in the back of Mānoa valley. (The goal is to not let them “jump the fence” and start taking over the watershed.)

This is our starting point.

We hike in a little bit and survey all the off-trail areas (and remove plants as we find them).

And here was our lunch break spot:

HERE is a brief summary on Facebook…

4 Likes

Very cool. Florida is burdened with an abundance of invasive plants and animals too so I sympathize. Most everything grows here because of the warm climate and lack of freeze. It’s good to see people being proactive about the invasive plants since it’s so important to ensure native plants aren’t lost to invasive ones!

2 Likes

I’ve been extremely lazy and unorganized lately. Finally posting a few pics of Poirot.

We went to a fancy bakery for my birthday.

We went to the Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera exhibit at the NC Museum of Art. Once we got inside it was extremely crowded. I was unable to get pictures of Poirot with the art.

2 Likes

Nessie wishes you all a good day for the 14th!

4 Likes

Happy Valentines Day to all. We have had a lovely evening in, with a nice meal and a bottle of fizz :heart:

1 Like

Our PTA organised a quiz night instead of the usual Bingo. We loved it!!

And yesterday we went to Jupiter Artland, which has a lot of art installations outdoors. I went for a stroll with Vic, while the girls had an “art class”.

4 Likes

Wow what a cool place!

PFD, the invasive plants and fauna here are unreal. One fun fact I enjoy is that we have super invasive mangroves! Since they’re super protected in Florida, some organizations here have had to jump through some insane hoops here to be allowed to remove them… !

2 Likes

Oh interesting!! Iki even got to see some local mangroves when we went to the park.

Around here they’re so vital to the environment and wildlife. A dozen or so endangered species rely on them for habitat like manatees and turtles. It’s not something I would have expected to make it’s way to Hawai’i as an invasive plant!

2 Likes

I know it’s posted somewhere, but I forget…when is the new sendout date?

@LadybugsAndBees it’s March 28th. :smile:

2 Likes

Thank you!

Thanks for the well wishes everyone.

So yeah, I do need more surgery (my 3rd for this disease. Found out that my first at 15 on the ureters was actually due to this). They are going to try to get me in within a few weeks if possible. 4+ surgeons will be there of different specialties as my abdomen is fused with adhesions, scarring, active implants, etc. It’s not good, but I am being optimistic and in great care with an Endometriosis Center. There is going to be lots of wide excision surgery as well as some organ removal and such. No idea how far it has to go until I wake, as my main surgeon has to view more organs from the inside. It is likely that I need some intestines removed, which will make me stay in the hospital for a few days.

With chronic illness, last surgery recovery, and this, I tend to work well when I do a lot of pics here and there rather than at a pace, as I am not always out doing things. I will still get everything done, but wanted to update. Daisy has been with me in cute outfits here and there. I plan to take them out with me this week for some pics around a quaint town nearby with plenty of photo ops. I also plan to start the scrapbook later today by printing out some of the pics at minimum and getting them ready. I don’t know when my surgery is, so I am prepping for worst case scenario and going to aim to get things done before surgery. I will just add to it if it is best case scenario. Hope everyone is doing well!

@AlishaMisha, I wish you nothing but the best in regards to your surgery and healing! I pray that the surgeon’s hands are guided to do the best work possible for you so that you will be 100% healed in the end. HUGS!!!

1 Like

@AlishaMisha - hope surgery goes well and you have a speedy recovery! I can only imagine how bad your endometriosis is … mine fortunately behaves mostly!!

Don’t feel pressured into anything regarding this swap, just do what you feel you can do.

((hugs))

1 Like