Two black cats

There is an ad that keeps showing up on Facebook of a cat and pumpkin sweater. I absolutely love the cats in the design, so I decided to try to create them in crochet.

This is the first one I made. The yarn is more fuzzy than eyelash, so it didn’t pair well with a strand of acrylic yarn. This made it much smaller than the second cat I made, which used eyelash yarn paired with a strand of regular worsted weight.

My second attempt looked a bit more like the sweater as it’s poofier, and I love how it turned out. I just wish I’d made the eyes smaller. I’ll do that on the next one :blush:

Here’s a screenshot of the inspiration sweater

19 Likes

These are adorable! I, too, love that sweater print. You did an awesome job bringing it to life. I think they both look great and snuggly!

2 Likes

I think they are both adorable little puff balls! And it’s interesting to see where the inspiration came from.

1 Like

I love them - especially the vibrant green eyes!

1 Like

Oh my gosh!!! They are super adorable!! I love how fuzzy they are!!! Great job bringing the cats on the sweater to life!!!

1 Like

I love them both! They turned out so cute and just like the sweater!

1 Like

Ahem - squeeeeeeeeeeee! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Oh! I used to remember the designer of that pattern. The year it came out I didn’t snag the fabric fast enough so I purchased a zip pouch made from it on Etsy. Your cat is so adorable! I think either one is great. You could always use one of those steel brushes to bring out the yarn fibers to look like fur.

1 Like

Eek!! Adorable!

1 Like

So adorable!!!

1 Like

These lil chockers are so dang cute!!! You’ve done a great job interpreting those sweater cats. I keep seeing great Halloween sweaters, too, but simply cannot wear orange and of course, all the ones I like have orange. Woe is me!

1 Like

Cuuuute!! I like them both!

1 Like