Ugly PJ pants

Fashion is absolutely the wrong board for this… I was going through my stash and found a large amount of a dubious flannel fabric that somehow found it’s way into my fabric bin.

To get rid of it, I decided to make a pair of PJ pants from them, because no one is going to see them. Except Mr Imma so as a bonus I made him a matching pair! Everything is from stash, including the drawstring, which is why it’s so short. There’s also elastic in the waist, but for comfort the elastic is fairly loose.

I’ve used the same basic pattern for years and Is figured since they’re supposed to be baggy, the fact that I’ve lost nearly 10 kgs over the last couple of months wasn’t going to be that important. I was wrong. It’s extremely baggy and I’m going to need a new pattern. Until then, this will get worn anyway.

No you’re not going to see me wear it.

13 Likes

Haha! My daughters would LOVE that dubious fabric! I love that you made Mr. Imma a matching pair. Maybe he would model for you? :laughing:

3 Likes

I love that he doesn’t take himself so seriously! He’s a hardrock type guy with wild hair and a beard so I laughed so hard. We wear the same clothing size so he’s wearing my clothes all the time. He only ever wears black outside of the house but at home he doesn’t care at all.

I’ve got plenty of fabric left over, so if you are interested I could send you some! I’m not sure how much but it looks like several meters.

4 Likes

This is hilarious! It would be such a hoot to see you in your matching jammies! No pressure though… I have a great imagination! :smile:

2 Likes

Pj’s are supposed to be baggy and comfy! I like the fabric…I think it is cute! At least you are using up stash…I know I have some flannel in my stash as well, but it has been so hot that I can’t even touch yarn or fabrics without sweating, even with air conditioning!

I love that you both got new night clothes…for just your eyes! lol

3 Likes

I love that you made a matching set of my little pony Jammie’s!

2 Likes

We had summer weather in spring and now we have spring weather in July. It’s perfect for gardening and crafting.

They’re supposed to be baggy but there’s so much fabric leftover between the hips and the waist they could be maternity pants :smile: We live in an old house that can get quite cold and draughty and we’re going to spend a lot of time at home this winter (I’m mostly going to work from home at least until spring) so I’m sure we’re going to wear them a lot. We now have two flannel and one fleece pair each. Not the most elegant solution but at least we’re staying warm!

3 Likes

These are great. I am chuckling to myself about the matching pairs. Many guys would love them. You could call your hubby a Bronie when he wears his. Ha!
PS. Congrats on the weight loss!

3 Likes

I had never heard of Bronies before! But Google learned me a lot the past 5 minutes.

I’ve been wanting to lose weight for a while, I always knew that my job was the problem: long days, long commutes, many customer visits and I get junk food cravings when I’m tired. I’ve been 100% WFH since early March and the weight is just falling off without dieting. I’m just not that hungry anymore and I’ve got a fridge full of healthy stuff instead of buying snacks on the go.

4 Likes

As a mom of a nine year old, and as a nine year old at heart myself, I have to say I love this fabric.
And I’m glad to read about your weight loss, even if it does mean having to find a new pattern.
The MLP show is actually pretty entertaining for grown ups as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh man - now I have an even better picutre! Love it.

And thank you so much for offering to send me some fabric! PMing you. :smiley:

1 Like

These are grand! I made my kid a cowgirl shirt with another print from this series when she was 2. :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

I am laughing my head off at the thought of your rocker husband wearing his pretty pony pjs! Whattaguy!

Congrats on the weight loss that makes these pants too big! And good job destashing!

1 Like

Ha ha ha, I love so much that you made the Mister a pair too, fantastic I hope he loves them, I need to do that for mine, hilarious!!! :rofl:

1 Like