I’m posting the photos from my phone but will add the recipe when I’m on a computer. Here’s the recipe I usually use for my BBQ roasted chickpeas. It’s adapted from Seriously Delish by Jessica Merchant.
1/2 T paprika
1 T onion powder
1/2 T light brown sugar
1/2 t chili powder
1/2 t ground black pepper
1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1 T olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 425*F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the spices and sugar.
- Pat the chickpeas dry with a towel and remove any skins that become loose. Add the chickpeas to a bowl and toss them with the olive oil and 3/4 of the spice mix. Mix well to coat the chickpeas and then spread them on a nonstick baking sheet.
- Bake the chickpeas for 20 minutes, toss them with a spatula, and bake for 15 minutes more. Remove from the oven and let cool on the baking sheet.
- Taste the chickpeas and season with the additional spice mix if needed. If you don’t need the extra spice mix, you can store it in a sealed bag for next time (or popcorn, or…)
These are best day of; they start to lose their crunch. You can store them in a sealed container for a few days.
This time I cut back on the onion powder and salt and added a dash of cayenne (that I’m not really picking up).
In my experience, the burned looking ones are usually the best ones, although some of these were legit charred .
Fresh out of the oven:
Artfully arranged and w/extra seasoning: