Use it or lose it! A sharing and caring gift-along

Gorgeous!

2 Likes

You’re on a framing roll! And genius grid!!!

2 Likes

Wow, how fabulous!

1 Like

Clever temporary grid! Lovely hearts!!

2 Likes

That’s really lovely! My gears are turning a little with ideas for dies…

I hope you’ll give it its own topic.

4 Likes

Good idea! I’ll create one now.

Eta - here it is

3 Likes

I posted a while ago about a monopoly quilt I am planning/collecting/cutting for. I have found a solid that is a close match to the centre area of the game board, but havent been able to find any blenders that are similar (I’m using blenders for the property colours).

This is the solid.

And here is the pic of my dad’s monopoly board.

Does anyone have any scraps/leftovers of a blender that is similar? Although it’s called spearmint, its not really minty green, it’s more of a pale sage?

Anything more than 5" square would be useful to add some interest.

3 Likes

What do you mean by “blenders”, I’m not sure what that might be?

1 Like

Usually is it a single coloured patterned fabric like these

2 Likes

That is a tough color. I checked every green and grey I had an nothing is even close…I even checked Monopoly Boards to make sure it was the green you need. Sorry!

1 Like

Thanks for checking!

Hey all! I saw this and thought of the conversation here about vintage children’s books. Enjoy!

7 Likes

Fantastic, thanks!

I have a wonderful older book called “Tell Me Cat” that has embroidery and photo collage in it. Not sure if it was popular in its time, but I sure appreciate it.

Does anyone have any of these clips laying around? I use them on some of my looms to hold heddles and I can’t find them for sale anymore.

1 Like

Heddle clips

Heddle Clips

4 Likes

@AIMR to the rescue again :smiley::smiley::smiley:

4 Likes

So many places just don’t stock these anymore…not even sure if the links I gave do, but I did manage to add them to my cart and then back out of the sale, but who knows? I wonder why? Surely there are a lot of weavers who use those plus they are neat clips! I would use them for paper clipping a bunch of papers together! They are supposed to be in stock at Target so I will look for them next time I go (Thursday…). I love office supplies used for other things!

4 Likes

Just received my stickers from @Reinikka, and she is not messing around! Loads of cool stuff that I will. not. hoard. Thanks so much, Reinikka!

11 Likes

And now my friend has a new lap blanket courtesy of my de-stash and her mum’s spinning / knitting skills.

This makes me happy:

13 Likes