Mini heart wall art

@Reinikka was offering up a bunch of little mini hearts over in the Use It or Lose It thread and this idea immediately popped into my head as soon as I saw them.

To line them up I made myself a temporary grid using washi tape and thin yarn (you could use string)

This was a fun little project and Iā€™m really happy with how it turned out!

21 Likes

Such a great project with those awesome hearts! Your temporary grid method is genius; thanks for sharing it!

2 Likes

This came out soo cool! Framing the hearts really takes them to a new level! And I am so impressed with your temporary grid. Genius!

1 Like

What an adorable little heart montage! Your patience is astounding. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You took the bag full of hearts and turned them into a stunning artwork! Your temporary grid is genius.

3 Likes

Totes gorge! Love it.

1 Like

Wow! This came out stunning! Your method for keeping all the hearts straight is so smart and I agree that framing this took it to the next level! I love that all the hearts are different, it adds a really fun scrappy element to the work.

1 Like

This is great! That temporary grid is genius!

1 Like

I love it!

1 Like

This is just gorgeous, I love it

1 Like

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:
Fabulous idea

1 Like

The grid was a genius idea. Was there a particular way you arranged the hearts? Or was it whatever came out in the stack?

1 Like

I went with random, the only thing I did watch out for was trying not to get hearts from the same paper too close to each other. Luckily there was a huge variety in the hearts so I only had to swap a couple around.

1 Like

As a weaver, this is a very accurate statement :joy: This project was actually super quick though, maybe 45 min?

1 Like

How is it that you seem to have the perfect frames for these projects? Or do you get them framed after you finish them?

1 Like

I make the projects with the frames in mind. I knew I wanted to make some wall art so I bought a few extra frames the last time I was at IKEA. For this one I picked a frame, measured the inside of the mat, then laid out the hearts to fill the opening.

3 Likes