Use it or lose it! A sharing and caring gift-along

Its beeswax I don’t know the brand I bought it at a fiber show a few years ago its in a small container with a slit you run the thread through. I only find it beneficial on metallic and light effects I don’t use it for most of the thread thus its lasted a really long time!

2 Likes

I have used beeswax in the past…I still have the biggest chunk ever that I bought at an art festival!

I cheat and use glitter glue pens if I want some bling on my stitching…I just can’t deal with the thread bomb!

4 Likes

Packages going out to @kittykill, @susieoregon, @Camelama, and @audity

9 Likes

oooh, snake stamp! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Chinese NY stamps! I’ll have to see if there are more at the post office :wink:

I got whaddaya call 'ems from @Renstar & some bunting triangles that I have plans for.

Fabric, wire wrapped beach glass, sparkle string, & steam-a-seam from @calluna. Oh and a lettuce bead!

Thanks friends!

7 Likes

Hi! I was wondering if I needed to share anything on this thread to ask for anything.

If I’m able to just ask, here goes:

I’m working on a quilt for DH for this coming Christmas. I am using 6 x 6 squares of cotton fabric that depict his favorite things.

If anyone has any fabrics that depict these subjects and would like to share them with me, I would be so grateful:

-the color red
-the color sky blue
-any bugs except spiders
-ducks
-bearded dragons
-snow
-Halloween
-The Nightmare Before Christmas
-pool (the game)
-Monopoly
-cheeseburgers
-corn
-iced tea
-fez
-Snoopy doing the happy dance
-Pokemon
-rocks
-playing video games
-being on his phone
-listening to music from 1950-1980

I’m willing to pay shipping within the USA if necessary.

Thank you so much!

7 Likes

That is going to be an incredibly fun quilt!

3 Likes

@thanate I got some awesome goodies from you!! Thank you!!

3 Likes

I received a lovely package from @Renstar today!
Thanks again, Ren!

3 Likes

I’m so excited!
I got a lovely handmade (calendar page) envelope with library catalog cards as well as scout patches!
Thank you so much, @calluna!!

and @Reinikka, did I tell you I got the marvelous envie of goodies from you? Sorry if I’m repeating myself; I do believe my mind is wandering more than usual

6 Likes

Yeah, I got an awesome envie of goodies from @Reinikka as well! Don’t remember if I said thank you… so, thank you!

3 Likes

I’ve been forgetting as soon as I send lately :stuck_out_tongue: lol

but @kayrun I believe you mentioned receiving and @Bunny1kenobi I can’t even remember what I sent you but I know I have an ATC to send next time :laughing: Glad you like whatever I’ve already forgotten about :rofl:

And I know I still have more to send to other people… I’m slowly, slowly, slowly getting there! (good thing this isn’t a swap with a due date)

5 Likes

Who is ready for floss envy? Don’t you just want to dive in? I got this awesome stash from @geekgirl. Thank you so much!

14 Likes

lol What’s that for a stitcher like you? A two day supply? :rofl:

6 Likes

Haha! Probably so! I was so excited to see the red floss.

3 Likes

Red, white and black are the colors I stock up on…I can now see what colors I need to buy (I don’t use their numbering system…I just see yellow, purple, blue, etc)because I finally organized my floss!

The only colors I won’t be needing anytime in the future are greens and pinks…I inherited someone’s project stash and apparently, they needed a lot of those colors! lol That will be a lot of leaves and cacti stitching!

3 Likes

I have a cone of black. I should get a cone of red 321.

5 Likes

Do you like the cones? Where do you buy them…I could use a cone of white for my Christmas stitching…almost all of the thread is white…

2 Likes

Until 5 minutes ago I had never heard of DMC embroidery floss cones, but that’s something I need as well! I always buy the biggest spools of black and white Gütermann sewing thread as well. I go to so much of that.

2 Likes

I got mine from Joann’s. DMC sells them direct too. I like them a lot. The thread doesn’t understand so off the cine so it us very tidy.

3 Likes