Use it or lose it! A sharing and caring gift-along

I love this thread so much! Reminds me of the fill a flat rate box swaps but you don’t have to receive back!!! UGH I need time to go through and purge

On the other hand if anyone comes across DMC e1010 I would be highly interested. I have never been able to find it and it can only be bought in a set on the dmc site which has been out of stock FOREVER!!!

3 Likes

This company is in the UK and the USA…they are reasonable with shipping as well…DMC e1010

4 Likes

oooo thank you!!! Need to get my highlighter pink on!

2 Likes

They had glow in the dark as well…OMG I need an intervetion!

4 Likes

I hesitated posting that site because we are trying to reduce our stashes…I ended up buying some cotton yarn after I just shipped off a bunch to someone! In my defense, I just needed new colors…is that an excuse heard many times? I might need an intervention as well…sheesh…

5 Likes

I’m confused… that thread is for embroidery, right? But it’s 100% polyester? I know I have ironed embroidery floss, I thought it was all 100% cotton! Ok, maybe not the metalics & gitd but the regular stuff?

1 Like

Some of the embroidery thread now, especially the ones with metallic threads, can’t be ironed with high heat…I also have some rayon threads that caution against this. It is a pain to work with…but the highlights and effects are nice.

2 Likes

I have a couple other of the light effects and can iron them. I do a lower setting

3 Likes

I have tried working with Light Effects many times but I tend to give up in the middle of the project. It’s a pain to work with, but it looks beautiful. I have the glow in the dark thread as well, that one’s amazing.

2 Likes

I have purchased so many metallics and specialty threads…it takes a lot of patience and I just don’t have it. I admire people who can use this thread to make special pieces.

I haven’t worked with the glow in the dark thread yet…good to know it is amazing!

3 Likes

I use thread conditioner to help, slicks them together so you get a few more stitched before the dreaded tangle ball of doom!

5 Likes

What thread conditioner do you use?

I used to use Thread Magic (I think it is called), but recently read that the silicon based thread conditioners can cause the thread to deteriorate sooner than using no thread conditioner or using beeswax which has no harmful effects.

1 Like

that sounds like such fun!

and in an effort to consolidate posts,
@Reinikka, I rec’d a wonderful pkg with fantastic cards & stickers from you!
Thanks SO much!!

4 Likes

Its beeswax I don’t know the brand I bought it at a fiber show a few years ago its in a small container with a slit you run the thread through. I only find it beneficial on metallic and light effects I don’t use it for most of the thread thus its lasted a really long time!

2 Likes

I have used beeswax in the past…I still have the biggest chunk ever that I bought at an art festival!

I cheat and use glitter glue pens if I want some bling on my stitching…I just can’t deal with the thread bomb!

4 Likes

Packages going out to @kittykill, @susieoregon, @Camelama, and @audity

9 Likes

oooh, snake stamp! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Chinese NY stamps! I’ll have to see if there are more at the post office :wink:

I got whaddaya call 'ems from @Renstar & some bunting triangles that I have plans for.

Fabric, wire wrapped beach glass, sparkle string, & steam-a-seam from @calluna. Oh and a lettuce bead!

Thanks friends!

7 Likes

Hi! I was wondering if I needed to share anything on this thread to ask for anything.

If I’m able to just ask, here goes:

I’m working on a quilt for DH for this coming Christmas. I am using 6 x 6 squares of cotton fabric that depict his favorite things.

If anyone has any fabrics that depict these subjects and would like to share them with me, I would be so grateful:

-the color red
-the color sky blue
-any bugs except spiders
-ducks
-bearded dragons
-snow
-Halloween
-The Nightmare Before Christmas
-pool (the game)
-Monopoly
-cheeseburgers
-corn
-iced tea
-fez
-Snoopy doing the happy dance
-Pokemon
-rocks
-playing video games
-being on his phone
-listening to music from 1950-1980

I’m willing to pay shipping within the USA if necessary.

Thank you so much!

7 Likes

That is going to be an incredibly fun quilt!

3 Likes