Use it or lose it! A sharing and caring gift-along

I totally saw monsters! I almost chose it because of that & I am wearing my glasses, bahaha!

1 Like

They’re pretty monstery owls! (My child’s school mascot is an owl, so I might just be up on weird owl stylizations.)

1 Like

Me too! Someone sent me enough for lounge pants in one of the 13 days of Halloween swaps, at least 8-10 years ago and I still wear them every week. They’re getting very thin, many patches.

1 Like

I used to make flannel lounge pants but have switched to a lighter knit weight now. When people were having loads of babies, I made flannel drool blankets and bibs as well.

@thanate…I believe there is enough of the owl to get a pair of pants out of for a child…

2 Likes

Hello everyone!

I had posted needing fabric for DH’s quilt. I put down the wrong measurements though. I need 6” x 6” squares.

TYSM !

Barbara

2 Likes

I am still unpacking my craft room. Nothing to share yet, but I’m sure there will be more soon!

9 Likes

I sent you a message about the envelopes…

3 Likes

I love that you DIY’ed your own wedding invitations! They look very professional.

2 Likes

Thank you! I was in graduate school, finishing my MFA in costume design. In 4 weeks I managed to see my thesis show go into production, hand in the documentation, graduate, throw a wedding at a ridiculous Tudor hunting lodge themed hotel, and move across the country. It was a lot going on. I had always thought being a costumer, I’d make my own gown, but there just wasn’t time in between all that. But I managed to do my invitations and all the flowers myself, and even make a groom’s cake for my husband the day of the wedding.

Here’s a vintage post card of the hotel, from the 1920’s when it was built.
hotel

11 Likes

I got the most amazingly generous box of hundreds and hundreds of cotton for patchwork. Each square has been zigzagged around the perimeter. Some have been stitched into strips. They are gorgeous. Look how tall this stack is!!!

21 Likes

That’s a ton of fabric! And I love that mug.

2 Likes

It is a ton of fabric. I had a sister to that mug but it got smashed in our house move. I was not happy, and it was my fault :sob: that one came from TKMax

2 Likes

Hooray, @Edel !

The packages I sent out seem to take their time…, but eventually they do arrive!

6 Likes

I guessed it was from @madebyBeaG because of the kissing dutch! What beautiful fabrics and a generous gift!

5 Likes

You are so generous, I’m absolutely thrilled with them

7 Likes

And I am so glad they are going to be loved and used!

I have made 2 double sided patchwork baby blankets and cut out and zigzagged squares for 4 more. But who was I kidding? Those 4 would never be made. (My hands were killing me on the second one.)

7 Likes

Whoa, what?! That is a seriously fabulous pile of fabric. I am just slightly more thrilled for you than I am green with envy, lol.

7 Likes

I got one yard of 108 inch wide backing fabric by mistake in a fabric order. They are sending me the correct fabric at no charge and told me to keep the fabric they sent! sigh My stash grows even when I don’t buy anything…lol…the color is even a good color…faded chambray…now to think what to do with it! :slight_smile:

I am very pleased that I have mailed out a lot of packages so far to new homes!

6 Likes

‘I am very pleased that I have mailed out a lot of packages so far to new homes!’

Me too!
I just wish they would not take so long to arrive, what with the new custom forms and all.
I know they have to cross an ocean, but I had a shop for ten years and that same route only took half of the time it does now, or so it seems.
It also feels so random, because some of my overseas packages went lightning fast!

3 Likes

@geekgirl is so sweet, an unexpected envelope of paper from her this morning. She said that she discovered she could mail out up to 1oz for the cost of an international stamp, so I got to be the lucky recipient. :grin::grin: Thank you xx

9 Likes