Use it or lose it! A sharing and caring gift-along

Oh yes… wiggle room is great! 2 1/2" is already a little more than I need but I didn’t think about the length when I was typing it up last night, I’ll edit that! Thanks :slight_smile: Any amount 2 1/2" x 9 1/2" or bigger is fine with me, I have plastic guides just for cutting diamonds for this project and any extra can go to another project :heart:

Yup :slight_smile: Any as long as I can get three I’m happy but six would also be great (or nine, or twelve… :wink:)

I’ll stick some in with my next letter to you! :smile:

4 Likes

I added some stickers to my list and an example picture of ATC envelopes :slight_smile:

2 Likes

(Edited March 11, 2022)

I have send out a whopping 22 packages in total and have loved doing so!

Since sending out packages from Belgium to the rest of the world has become so expensive and such a hassle, I decided to put the remaining stuff back into my Room Of Requirement (that is still bursting at the seams…).

Feel free to take a plane and come browsing in my Room of Requirement for yourself! LOL

And thanks again for everyone who sent me goodies in return!

In the meantime I am really enjoying sending (and receiving) Happy Mail!
(See the Happy Mail Craftalong thread.)

7 Likes

If you have finished objects that you’d like to pass along, please feel free to offer them.
I think anybody wanting to make objects might take a look at the Shop The Swap that’s currently active, that’s a great place to list already made or custom to-be-made items. I’m thinking about joining for this round if I can get an idea put together in time. I’m sort of excited about that, I think it will be fun!

FYI all the peoples, I’m adding a drop-down menu with shipping costs in the first post here so you can see the postage for small envelops from US and Canada. If somebody wants to let me know if there is the same rate from Europe to the US and Canada, I’d be happy to add that. I’m not sure but I assume it’s different from Germany, Ireland, England, etc.

5 Likes

I love this! It makes me happy to see our crafty items are going to good homes. I have a ton of stickers and stamps that need some love. I will work on my list and such later this week. Thank you so much @Magpie for doing this! It builds an ever stronger crafty community.

@Magpie do you want me to use this post as my reserved spot when I get my crafty items together?

5 Likes

Just the Jokers from the pack??

And now a starter for 10:

Some Purple / black yarn. 2 x 100g and 1 x 71g. 50% Acrylic, 50% Egyptian cotton. It’s a pretty colour and very soft

50g green alpaca roving - GONE

Various offcuts of wool fabrics, some are quite small, I can measure if people are interested

A box of paper patchwork templates (I bought 2 for no good reason!). Some have been claimed but plenty left

Various size / colour chunky zips, not dressmaking ones - I’m not expecting anyone to take them all, so take your pick and let me know, if you want any. I can measure as required. Note: I’ve used several of these in those boxy pouches. Still loads left.

7 Likes

Is it weird to suddenly want crocheted olives?

4 Likes

I don’t want to swap, or have obligations.
I just want to give some stuff for free to people whom I know will appreciate it.

8 Likes

UK - US / Canada / Germany £1.70 small letter Max 100g | Max L 24cm x W 16.5cm x D 0.5cm

Also SIGN ME UP!!! I need to go through the stash and reduce!!

2 Likes

I’ve added some items I have available with photos here.

3 Likes

This is your place then :).

I am making a clicky link to the correct posts so your offering/asking lists are easy to find. Look for your name in the first post here to find yourself, haha.

Welcome @kittykill, may I suggest the Happy Mail along to you as well? I have a feeling you’d really enjoy it :).

I also have a craving for crocheted olives! I had the idea to make a really giant one with some fat yarn in my stash, be a dang cute cushion, lol.

6 Likes

Okay! Finally getting this started. I have a TON more but right now here is a little snippet.

Stamps! The skull stamp is claimed.

18ct aida cream 3 cut 18x15 inch pieces

Plastic needlepoint canvas coaster blanks:

New stuff as of 6.10

Cotton fabric

Two cross stitch/embroidery bibs with floss. One is partially done.

Friendship bracelet floss

Baby quilt to cross stitch

In search of:
patterned contact paper
old letters

6 Likes

It could be hollow, and serve as storage for a small red lap-blanket you stuff inside!

I sent out a couple parcels today. The postal staff informed me that when sending internationally, the flat rate box almost always costs MORE than the regular USPS priority mail boxes. That’s news to me, but it did save me $20 on shipping! Of course, if you’re sending heavy stuff, flat rate would make more sense.

9 Likes

Holy crap that’s genius.

4 Likes

I have a red blanket! A fleecy one, it’s in the boy’s room. OMG, that is brilliant, I am going to do it!

6 Likes

Next, use that to store a pair of those huge wooden knitting needles (sticking out like a toothpick)

5 Likes

Oh this is a good idea I have a bunch of things I haven’t used and likely won’t ever use for scrap booking. I will have to see what I have.

2 Likes

lol I am just worried that as I go through my stuff to find things to give away, I will be extremely distracted and want to make something…I am going to carry a notebook and write it down and then write down the supply and where it is…it will take me forever to pass stuff along if I keep finding new stuff!

6 Likes

I have also found that if you use PayPal Shipping, you get a bit of a break…it is only about 50 cents but it adds up! As long as you have a scale and a printer, it is great to use and it provides tracking if you put in an email (I put mine in…an it sends me messages when it gets shipped, delivered, etc.)

You must have a PayPal account to use it.

3 Likes

Message me with your address.

1 & 2: JUST ONE LEFT!
I have a thing to list! Well, two nearly identical things: 2 collections of “journaling cards” from printed cardstock pads. I went though ALL my single-sided pads and took out all the pages with these kinds of “cards” and cut them all apart. There are over 60 pcs in each set which include inspirational/motivational pieces, travel/vacation pieces, seasonal/holiday pieces. Holidays include Valentine’s, Halloween (lots!), Dia de los Muertos, Thanksgiving, Christmas (lots!). This is once batch - the other is nearly identical as the pads some with 2 sheets of each pattern, but sometimes I had used a card or two from one of the pages. I photographed only one since they are almost exactly the same. They’re all hand cut with scissors; I was careful, but not perfect.

JournalCards

Adding these streamers made from 1.5" scalloped circles, hand punched from cardstock scraps sewn together by machine. Each are a different length and wherever I wrote down those lengths is a mystery to me! I’d love to give these a home that is not my craft closet.

TWO NEW ADDITIONS! Both of these are made either leftover bits from a project or made from scraps of that project.

Buncha spooky autumn-y tags, all smaller than usual, mostly double thickness cardstock.

Some tags (autumn leaves with skulls and spider webs backed with black/grey stripes) and a ~25 scalloped circles in two papers: autumn leaves with skulls and spider webs backed with black/grey stripes and solid black.

9 Likes