Use it or lose it! A sharing and caring gift-along

:joy: That’s hilarious. Imagine walking up to your crush and handing him a sweater you’ve made, not stalkerish at all!!

6 Likes

Right? Like, “Hiiii, we go to the same coffee shop and I think you’re cute so last week when I was behind you in line i sort of measured you annnnd… well, here’s a sweater!”

10 Likes

:joy::joy: you crack me up…

4 Likes

That is creepy/funny…I went through a bunch of my books and patterns when I moved. If a book or magazine had one or two things I thought I might keep, I copied and then scanned it. When I got here, I looked through those and deleted a bunch of things I knew I would never make. I did keep a few books and magazines for nostalgia sake and even thought about using some of them to make altered art (who doesn’t want an ATC with crochet granny squares mini shorts with matching kerchief?). :rofl:

6 Likes

The one in that pic I bought to take apart and frame a few spreads to hang in my craft room but then had to empty the room for the youngin’. I still plan to do it but not sure where they’ll hang yet.

6 Likes

I’m pretty late to this, but I have a TON of postage stamps if you want me to send an envelope full of them!
*I don’t get on the computer as often as I’d like, so it might take a while to respond.

5 Likes

I can’t afford to send a bunch of heavy stuff, but I can definitely ship a few small packages. And if anyone lives near Boston, I am desperately trying to declutter and my craft supplies are my no. 1 largest collection, so you are welcome to come over and look through my stuff. I have a back yard, so it could be socially distanced. I’m trying to be honest with myself and only keep the stuff I know that I will use. I have vintage patterns (all cut and unchecked, I’m afraid), a bottle cutting tool… God, I have SO much stuff that I can’t even think right now. I’ll come back with a list hopefully next week! Please take my stuff.

9 Likes

Your name is added to the first post of this topic next to a clicky link to the post you should edit to add your photos or item list to.
Good luck! Moving can be intense, hopefully you’ll get some help destashing a few treasures to crafty homes :blush: .

3 Likes

I mentioned it in my list post above but thought I’d mention it here, too. I’m looking for pretty much anything related to Mandy Sutcliffe’s “Belle & Boo” books.

We are late to the game so some of the books seem to be out of print or hard to find. (Especially as I’m not in the UK, it seems it wasn’t huge here in the US) It would be a dream to find the craft books- I think they might be pricey in resale, though, so I could do a trade if that’s a thing.

I have some party things and fabric to make a triangle flag banner for my daughter’s September birthday. She will be 3 and plays “I will be Belle and my Bunny will be Boo” every day so I’m doing a full themed B’day for her. (And let’s not lie- I’m in love with these books, too. haha)

Anyhoo, figured I wouldn’t have a chance if I didn’t put it out there so thanks for reading!

4 Likes

Seriously upped my brush game thanks to @photojenn!

I’m now way better equipped for all kinds of fun stuff. (I only just realized in cropping the photo that there are pallette knives! I feel so fancy.) Thanks, Jenn!

9 Likes

Nothing new to add right now but if anyone wants the stencils and/or any cards on my list please let me know soon :slight_smile: I’m going to donate the stencils on my next donation trip and the cards will be put back into my stash to be used (in theory)

4 Likes

Does this help? Toys & Books - Books – Belle & Boo

4 Likes

LOL this cracks me up

3 Likes

Better World Books looks like they have a bunch of the books, including some of the craft ones, if that helps any.

4 Likes

ohhhh dear… it may have been financially disastrous for me to have been shown the existence of such a site as this… :money_with_wings: (searches out every book she ever loved)
:laughing:

6 Likes

Last call for cross stitch patterns before I take them to the op shop x

2 Likes

I love this thread! I’m in the processing of unpacking since we just moved. I still haven’t gotten to my crafting supplies, but will soon be joining. I tried to read the entire thread, but got halfway through and decided to just join in without getting all the updates. I hope that is ok. I’ve read the main objectives and I’m excited to be able to list some of what I have to offer.

Finally, had a chance to find some of my crafting supplies. Here are just a few things. Will update as soon as I find more crafting boxes. Party favor paper bags. Pretty paper for scrapbooking. The book on the right is a crosstich collection of flowers.

2 Likes

@Reese52 all particpants have a clickable link to their list post next to their name, updates to offers & asks are there so no need to read the entire thread at all. I’ll add you so you can quickly find you list to edit it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you! I’ll do some more unpacking today and hope to get to my crafting supplies.

2 Likes

Heh-- gift certificates there are now our go-to for teacher & b-day party gifts; depending on what you want, you can often get a bunch of library discards for not that much. (also, remember the wishlist feature for budgeting purposes!)

4 Likes