Use it or lose it! A sharing and caring gift-along

Does this help? Toys & Books - Books – Belle & Boo

4 Likes

LOL this cracks me up

3 Likes

Better World Books looks like they have a bunch of the books, including some of the craft ones, if that helps any.

4 Likes

ohhhh dear… it may have been financially disastrous for me to have been shown the existence of such a site as this… :money_with_wings: (searches out every book she ever loved)
:laughing:

6 Likes

Last call for cross stitch patterns before I take them to the op shop x

2 Likes

I love this thread! I’m in the processing of unpacking since we just moved. I still haven’t gotten to my crafting supplies, but will soon be joining. I tried to read the entire thread, but got halfway through and decided to just join in without getting all the updates. I hope that is ok. I’ve read the main objectives and I’m excited to be able to list some of what I have to offer.

Finally, had a chance to find some of my crafting supplies. Here are just a few things. Will update as soon as I find more crafting boxes. Party favor paper bags. Pretty paper for scrapbooking. The book on the right is a crosstich collection of flowers.

2 Likes

@Reese52 all particpants have a clickable link to their list post next to their name, updates to offers & asks are there so no need to read the entire thread at all. I’ll add you so you can quickly find you list to edit it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you! I’ll do some more unpacking today and hope to get to my crafting supplies.

2 Likes

Heh-- gift certificates there are now our go-to for teacher & b-day party gifts; depending on what you want, you can often get a bunch of library discards for not that much. (also, remember the wishlist feature for budgeting purposes!)

4 Likes

I am eagerly awaiting in person library book sales! I like going on the day when you can fill a bag and only pay a few dollars :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: But that site looks fun too, I spent some time browsing last night :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I love better world books! I often find out of print picture books to use as mentor texts for my classroom :books:

5 Likes

Hey amazing peeps! For my August tea cabinet I want to do a back to school theme. I am on the hunt for vintage school things. School miniatures, flash cards…anything would be appreciated.

3 Likes

I have some old report cards…pretty vintage…lol

2 Likes

Meant to post before I left for my MIL’s, but thanks to @LuckyXIIICreations, I have a whole rainbow of new fabric to work into my crumb quilting!

14 Likes

I have flash cards too. I’ll snap a pic and PM you and you can choose.

2 Likes

@endymion sent me a wealth of golden sparklies!

Fabric trims, paper foil embellishments, a set of metallic tatted(?) mini doilies, mesh sequin fabric, and a gold card that will obviously be put into a papercrafting project! Gorgeous goodies, thank you! :kissing_heart:

11 Likes

Hi all! I am looking for beads to make window ornaments and decorative plant stakes. All colors welcome, but the hole needs to be a little larger so no seed beads (ok if some are included - you do NOT need to sort out if it is a hassle) I would love glass beads or any beads that will catch the light in a variety of sizes/shapes.

I would be happy to send stamps to help with shipping. I don’t need a ton of them so if you wanted to throw a handful in an envelope I would love that.

PM me for my address. I live in the Portland, OR area - USA. I think with the envelope thickness it would not be economical to ship internationally.

Thanks you guys. I have received so many wonderful supplies. I wish I had more to offer.

6 Likes

I got two packages today! :partying_face:

Stamps from @photojenn

Fabric and words for paper crafting from @endymion

Thank you both! :kissing_heart:

12 Likes

Ok, friends!
I finally have a couple of things to offer & hopefully more to come if I can get my head organized…
I will ship worldwide if anyone can use these…
and photos are my downfall, but I will attempt to get them up soon

I have maybe 6-8 to go menus from my old city (this is what comes from simply dumping drawers into boxes when you move withOUT sorting through everything! LOL) I can take a photo if you don’t want them sight unseen (I guess I was thinking some of you paper crafters might like, but I may be way off base!)

a deck of playing cards with a cartoon clown on the back (minus about 5 cards I’m keeping for possible altering)

a postcard that you can peel off the back so that you can attach your own photo or artwork

a pack of confetti I bought, not realizing how large the circle cutouts were (approx 1 inch in diam) – pastel colors with some gold little square pieces interspersed
confetti as seen on Amazon

an envelope I believe I rec’d on the old site in a swap – it is made from a paper grocery bag & stitched up 3 sides…not sure if you can actually use it for mailing, bec it seems like I tried a label on it & it peeled right off. Size is approx. 7 in. x 7 in. plus a flap

an old metal hole punch I found while cleaning out my desk drawer == this is the type you squeeze the handles to punch

Prang kneadable rubber #12244 in package, never opened (still feels pliable, even though heaven only knows how long I’ve had it?) looks like:
kneadable rubber
(but totally sealed in plastic with the label intact)

2 Likes

I got perler beads yesterday!! My roommate is excited because turns out they haven’t done them before! So this weekend we will be doing those!

8 Likes