Use it or lose it! A sharing and caring gift-along

I mentioned it in my list post above but thought I’d mention it here, too. I’m looking for pretty much anything related to Mandy Sutcliffe’s “Belle & Boo” books.

We are late to the game so some of the books seem to be out of print or hard to find. (Especially as I’m not in the UK, it seems it wasn’t huge here in the US) It would be a dream to find the craft books- I think they might be pricey in resale, though, so I could do a trade if that’s a thing.

I have some party things and fabric to make a triangle flag banner for my daughter’s September birthday. She will be 3 and plays “I will be Belle and my Bunny will be Boo” every day so I’m doing a full themed B’day for her. (And let’s not lie- I’m in love with these books, too. haha)

Anyhoo, figured I wouldn’t have a chance if I didn’t put it out there so thanks for reading!

4 Likes

Seriously upped my brush game thanks to @photojenn!

I’m now way better equipped for all kinds of fun stuff. (I only just realized in cropping the photo that there are pallette knives! I feel so fancy.) Thanks, Jenn!

9 Likes

Nothing new to add right now but if anyone wants the stencils and/or any cards on my list please let me know soon :slight_smile: I’m going to donate the stencils on my next donation trip and the cards will be put back into my stash to be used (in theory)

4 Likes

Does this help? Toys & Books - Books – Belle & Boo

4 Likes

LOL this cracks me up

3 Likes

Better World Books looks like they have a bunch of the books, including some of the craft ones, if that helps any.

4 Likes

ohhhh dear… it may have been financially disastrous for me to have been shown the existence of such a site as this… :money_with_wings: (searches out every book she ever loved)
:laughing:

6 Likes

Last call for cross stitch patterns before I take them to the op shop x

2 Likes

I love this thread! I’m in the processing of unpacking since we just moved. I still haven’t gotten to my crafting supplies, but will soon be joining. I tried to read the entire thread, but got halfway through and decided to just join in without getting all the updates. I hope that is ok. I’ve read the main objectives and I’m excited to be able to list some of what I have to offer.

Finally, had a chance to find some of my crafting supplies. Here are just a few things. Will update as soon as I find more crafting boxes. Party favor paper bags. Pretty paper for scrapbooking. The book on the right is a crosstich collection of flowers.

2 Likes

@Reese52 all particpants have a clickable link to their list post next to their name, updates to offers & asks are there so no need to read the entire thread at all. I’ll add you so you can quickly find you list to edit it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you! I’ll do some more unpacking today and hope to get to my crafting supplies.

2 Likes

Heh-- gift certificates there are now our go-to for teacher & b-day party gifts; depending on what you want, you can often get a bunch of library discards for not that much. (also, remember the wishlist feature for budgeting purposes!)

4 Likes

I am eagerly awaiting in person library book sales! I like going on the day when you can fill a bag and only pay a few dollars :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: But that site looks fun too, I spent some time browsing last night :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I love better world books! I often find out of print picture books to use as mentor texts for my classroom :books:

5 Likes

Hey amazing peeps! For my August tea cabinet I want to do a back to school theme. I am on the hunt for vintage school things. School miniatures, flash cards…anything would be appreciated.

3 Likes

I have some old report cards…pretty vintage…lol

2 Likes

Meant to post before I left for my MIL’s, but thanks to @LuckyXIIICreations, I have a whole rainbow of new fabric to work into my crumb quilting!

14 Likes

I have flash cards too. I’ll snap a pic and PM you and you can choose.

2 Likes

@endymion sent me a wealth of golden sparklies!

Fabric trims, paper foil embellishments, a set of metallic tatted(?) mini doilies, mesh sequin fabric, and a gold card that will obviously be put into a papercrafting project! Gorgeous goodies, thank you! :kissing_heart:

11 Likes

Hi all! I am looking for beads to make window ornaments and decorative plant stakes. All colors welcome, but the hole needs to be a little larger so no seed beads (ok if some are included - you do NOT need to sort out if it is a hassle) I would love glass beads or any beads that will catch the light in a variety of sizes/shapes.

I would be happy to send stamps to help with shipping. I don’t need a ton of them so if you wanted to throw a handful in an envelope I would love that.

PM me for my address. I live in the Portland, OR area - USA. I think with the envelope thickness it would not be economical to ship internationally.

Thanks you guys. I have received so many wonderful supplies. I wish I had more to offer.

6 Likes