Use it or lose it! A sharing and caring gift-along

I was seriously considering it…then saw why you’re getting rid of it. Sadly, I have a latex allergy also. Hope it finds a good home. Or at least gets out of yours!

It is currently wrapped in layers of plastic bags and sealed in Ziplocs. We were in a hurry when I started having breathing issues. I wouldn’t have sent it to you since I remember your allergy.

3 Likes

I am making mug rugs & coasters for family, lots of cat lovers in my crew! Has anybody got any kitty themed scraps?
They end up looking like this so even really small scraps will work for me.

I think smaller prints would be best but I’d try them all! Should be easy to mail as a letter & just cost a stamp, I’m in Canada :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I can think of one cat print, off hand, that I might have and would love to pass along! I will dig around for it today.

2 Likes

I for sure have a cat print, however it is eluding me right now and I am starting to question if I made it up. :joy:

1 Like

I found that cat print right away and then almost immediately mislaid it! I will send when I find it again unless otherwise instructed. D’oh!

3 Likes

Do these speak to anybody? 4 bears need finishing & then a good wash (probably in biz/oxyclean/whatever), but the fabric is in good shape except for the yellowing.

eta: claimed by @AIMR :green_heart:

3 Likes

Does anyone have the need for Singer Futura bobbins? Apparently they work on Singer Futura Athena and Touch-Tronic machines 900, 920, 925, 1200, 2000, and 2001. I bought them thinking they were normal bobbins, but they are not! I have 6 in total. :slight_smile: Let me know if they’d work for you and I’ll get them out to you.

I can see @kittykill loving these!

1 Like

Does anyone want / need some earring thingies?

Free to any wanting home!!

4 Likes

@Pigeon makes lots of earrings for herself and friends, I’m sure she could use some. Next time you are sending me mail want to tape a few inside? Keep it light so it only costs you a stamp, and thank you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No problemo, I was thinking about sending you some fabric scraps once I’ve managed to sort through things, so @Pigeon can have them all.

2 Likes

I’ve been making rat hammocks and things but I’m running low on good, strong, ribbon. If anyone has scraps 7" ish or longer I’d be happy to take them off your hands :smile: I think anything that doesn’t ravel easily would be fine :slight_smile: Thanks in advance!

1 Like

I have lots of 1" webbing, would that be good? I wave the cut ends at a flame to prevent ravel. That works for most ribbon, they almost all have some or most synthetic.

Maybe? I use the ribbon for making loops:

The loose ends are sewn in between the layers (most of the time). They just need to be strong enough to hold the weight of a few cute rats without coming loose :kissing_heart:

Do you want stuff that looks pretty for humans? I have a bag of old fabric ties from camping stuff that my grandmother saved which are still sturdy & I’m sure would smell fascinating, but they aren’t pretty.

1 Like

They don’t need to be pretty :slight_smile: (and I can soak/wash them) :smile:

2 Likes

I mean, I just figured that interesting smells are part of rat enrichment. :laughing: I’ll set that bag aside for you, then!

3 Likes

I figured that too!
I mean, rats are cute & clever but we’ve had them as pets so I know how they smell, lol. They are certainly not adverse to other stinky odours.
What must they, & dogs! experience from our gross human laundry soaps & other perfumey stuff? It must be torture for their powerful olfactory systems. They will like your camping strips!

2 Likes

I am moving back into my craft room! In rationalising and organising my stash better, I have decided that there are a lot of my grandmother’s fabrics that I just will not use.

If anyone wants woven children’s themed fabrics, I have flannel and cotton(y) (ie not flannel, but I have no idea if cotton, polycotton, etc). Clowns, bunnies, cars, dogs, strawberries, boats… Most of the cotton is white background and the flannel mostly white, pink or yellow.

I can post pics of anything people are particularly interested in. Anyone making an eye spy quilt?

2 Likes