Use Those Fabric Scraps Craftalong --Long Live Scraps!

@MightyMitochondria I totally missed your scrappy jacket, it’s amazing

3 Likes

@AIMR the pretty pom pom trim you sent inspired me to start the last panel for my jacket. The pom poms integrate perfectly with my other materials. It is going to look amazing!

15 Likes

When it showed up in an alert email, I thought of you immediately!

I have had a jean jacket in my closet for years, wanting to recreate a jacket I had back in the day. It seemed overwhelming to even start, but seeing you do it in stages really inspired me!

A jacket like that would go with all of the beautiful sari skirts I have collected over the years. This panel is so beautiful to me…eyecandy for the soul!

6 Likes

Ooooh!!! This kind of jacket would look amazing with sari skirts. :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Oooooo! I bet this scrappy bunch of makers could come up with some realllllly coooool ideas for the Green Holiday “Greens” Challenge!

3 Likes

Yo, scrappers & scrapettes! There’s a swap started just for us!

1 Like

here’s a mystery: I’ve been using loads of scraps, haven’t done any other stitching, but the scrap bags never get any less full.

How does this work? Has the universe created a conduit for unloved scraps to fill my bags when I’m not looking? That can’t be it, because I recognize all those scraps. This one was from a dress I made, that one from a blouse that didn’t fit right, and these over here were in a bag I got at the rummage sale…

I keep thinking that when the scrap bags get too thin, I’ll finally cut into all those fat quarter and smaller pieces on the shelves, but it never happens!

my definition of “scrap” is a piece of fabric that is too small to fold, but too big to throw away.

4 Likes

I have the same problem. A scrappy quilt didn’t reduce the amount at all, neither does dozens of other projects. I think they are like rabbits and multiply exponetially. Must be those wild parties they throw in my craft room.

5 Likes

Full of memories…

13 Likes

I think we are all stuck in this same weird universe of scraps growing no matter what we do!

I seriously thought about dumping every scrap I found before 2023 to test this…my theory is that there would be a bin of them by mid month no matter what…

6 Likes

I want to live under that quilt :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I’ve been looking in vain for Jill Oriane Tarlau’s book “Bindings” and getting zero hits. Any chance you’re still in touch with that family?

1 Like

I’ll reach out - the kids all graduated from our preschool but I’ll ask my boss on Tuesday.

2 Likes

I love everything about your gorgeous quilt. :heart:

2 Likes

I see it on Alibris for $47, if that helps at all

3 Likes

Yay, thank you!

That quilt was so dead easy. It’s just squares! I even cut up a wallet & a knit hat to include. There’s a hole? No worries, patches look GREAT!

5 Likes

It is an excellent quilt!! :smiley:

1 Like

On Abebooks for $45 plus $5 shipping

2 Likes

I am working on a wall hanging for my cousin. It will say Faith & Family when it is done. I messed up and everything is off-center, so I will need to add vines or something to balance it out.

9 Likes

Scrap ideas and free patterns from Ann Wood.

https://www.annwoodhandmade.com/blog/

3 Likes