Use Those Fabric Scraps Craftalong --Long Live Scraps!

You should give them a shot! Even though they’re really small it’s great zipper practice and super easy.

Did you find the class useful? I’ve never watched a Blueprint/Craftsy class but I’m intrigued.

4 Likes

I thought so. I’ve watched it all the way through twice now, once just because I thought it looked interesting, and now with some intent to actually do the projects. To be fair though, I don’t know what they’re charging for individual classes these days - I’ve had the full site subscription since they opened it two years ago. So I can’t comment on whether it’s worth the price, per se.

3 Likes

I can’t believe I only notice this craftalong now! I’m preparing for an exam now but next week I can hopefully get back to crafting. I have been working on reducing my stash for a while. I don’t have that much but at least half of my stash is really small scraps.

5 Likes

You would be a wonderful addition to this craftalong…I have seen some really good ideas…I am putting together a large quilt and plan on using the scraps to make a bunch of smaller projects, including a name pillow for the baby.

I am cutting off the selvages this morning and will start cutting after morning chores.

3 Likes

I made a little pendant out of scraps today. Not sure what I’ll do with it.

13 Likes

ah ha! I would never thought of a pendant…but good idea…I could see this selling really well at some of the festivals this summer…it has such a boho feel…love the bright colors you use…

3 Likes

Oh, that is such a marvelous idea! The color combinations are lovely and I really like that it is a little mishmash, rather that perfect symmetry and straight lines. I would totally wear that!

5 Likes

I have four pendant blanks and I was trying to think about how I could do something similar to this scrappy pendant that you have made here. It is so beautiful. Then I realized that I should make more of these embroidered inchies I made for a swap and just cut them in a circle instead. I can hardly wait!!

17 Likes

Those are beautiful and would make awesome pendants!!!

4 Likes

@Abbeeroad, I really love your and Magpie (CLM) artistry and talent! Some people are drawn to the work of Picasso, I’m drawn to the work of you two! :smiley:

4 Likes

You’re too sweet. Thank you! @Magpie is the scrap master and a personal inspiration as well. :smile:

4 Likes

They are indeed beautiful! I was just thinking how they would make beautiful buttons as well…you should look at the Singleton Buttons. I love making these to use on pouches, prayer flags, fabric journal pages, and so many things.

5 Likes

I just love the scrappy, cozy, colorful, unique creations you ladies come up with! I’m also amazed at how much you get done with young children in the house!

4 Likes

Those inches are mine! I love them. They are so cool to look at and even neater to touch! I could mount one in a square bezel as a pendant, Hmm… It would be very difficult to choose a favourite though.

Abbee that pendant is very interesting. I wonder how a little scrappy like that would look in resin…Hmm…

5 Likes

THANK YOU for the button suggestion. I really like making these inchies, but I don’t enjoy paper crafts. This has helped me expand my thinking on how to use them.

2 Likes

I love your TM patch! Great job. I look forward to seeing more of your TM creations in the future.

3 Likes

I love that pendant, @Abbeeroad! And, @MightyMitochondria, those fabric inchies are amazing! Did you stitch each one independently or make a big panel and cut them up? Either way, they are gorgeous!

And, I just fell down the rabbit hole of crumb quilting videos. I will most definitely be trying that technique! I have a lot of fabric scraps from when I was buying fabric for the Hexie Swap…

3 Likes

This is a great idea! I have some stainless steel pendants I bought for metal stamping without realizing that, and it’s too heavy a metal for that. I wasn’t sure what to do. Maybe I will use some of them to do something like that!

6 Likes

@craftADDchick you are so kind! I tear a bunch of tiny fabric strips and sort of weave them together and tack the pieces to the base fabric with a few stitches. I draw a 1” grid and then embroider. When I’m all done stitching I paint the whole piece it’s a few layers of mod podge. When it’s dry I cut it into squares.

3 Likes

That’s a pretty neat way to do it! I might have to try it one of these days :slight_smile:

3 Likes