Use What You Have - Round 2 Swap Gallery

Awww! Kitty approved!

1 Like

I have received from @mel She made me some great practical items, a towel, a basket and some brown sugar coffee scrubs, can’t wait to try them. Onto pics

10 Likes

glad they made it there so quickly!!! so hard to say with canada post these days!!

1 Like

Two more fantastic packages!

@AcadianDriftwood That is an amazing upcycle for the shirt and that hot pad looks realy nice! It’s sweet to see that the kitties like their toys too. @Tapestry thanks for sharing the action shots. Your babies are adorable. :heart:

@mel That basket is gorgeous as is the towel. Your knitting is great. I’m sure those brown sugar coffee scrubs will come in handy.

4 Likes

I received from Bugaboo, I got a cute crochet Yoda, a grogu cross stitch in a cute decorated frame, and some cute skull crochet barefoot sandals.

Thanks so much! I love everything!

10 Likes

Great goodies! I especially love the Dr Who shirt @AcadianDriftwood and the crossstitch Grogu @Bugaboo. And I’m not positive what one does with brown sugar coffee scrubs @mel, but my instinct would be to eat them. :thinking:

1 Like

@Bugaboo That’s such a cool package. I love that cross-stitch and the corresponding frame and matting especially!!!

2 Likes

I got a pair of crochet barefoot sandals in a swap a few years ago…still wear them when I go to the beach…I like the skull design!

And, I really love the little Yoda…

1 Like

Yay!! So glad it all made it there and you like them!!! I actually wear barefoot sandals in ballet flats sometimes as well just saying cause I’m weird like that

4 Likes

i wouldnt advise eating them…lol…and @Bugaboo…those sandals are supercool!! i am always envious of crochet, which is something i just cant get the hang of…

1 Like

Actually, that is a good idea…flats can be so boring…and I also have tons of colored tights…I wear socks over them in winter, but maybe in the fall…hmmmm…ha, yeah, I am weird like that as well…

3 Likes

The Tardis shirt is so cool! I hope it will get it’s own post, I’m curious about the technique.

That knit towel is so pretty, what a nice pattern. The bowl is made wish such nice colours too.

Crochet barefoot sandals with flats is GENIUS!

1 Like

I received the most epic package from @Magpie! She said in her questionnaire that she liked to sew and I said I had a big wish for her. I serve/bartend on occasion at a local brewery and since I work so infrequently always have to try to borrow someone else’s serving apron. I’d always have to ask someone to leave theirs for me and it was a pain. I also realized that those aprons have waaay too many pockets and I really only needed one. I found a server bag on etsy and sent her the link. And guess what? That amazing genius made one two for me.
She said in her letter that she originally made the wrong size so she redid it. I could have made due with the smaller one, but definitely appreciate both of them. This is the larger one with attached little pouch for change:

I got to pick from a bunch of different fabrics and the way she laid them out is simply faboo!

This is the smaller one and I’ve decided to use it as a little storage pouch in my car! I think it will be perfect! I already put a notebook and pen in there and will add a loop of ribbon or icord to hang it from the center console!

This is the lovely little card she sent me with the coolest textured heart:

This adorable little merit badge ribbon thing with a very cool sewn scrappy heart and beads in some of my very favorite colors. I’m so in love and will be hanging this up at work (if we ever go back):

The story behind it is this: I had told her about my horrible boss at my old job who legit wrote me up for saying “Happy Friday!” to the team on a conference call when I was attempting to make small talk before everyone else joined. He said that I was being negative and it meant that I didn’t like my job.

The world’s tiniest aida cloth cross stitch F Bomb pin. I love it! I haven’t decided where to put it yet, but I absolutely adore it. It was so small that my phone had some trouble capturing the detail on it instead of the background. Maybe you have a better one that you can share, Magpie. I tried several times and this was the best I could get!

And a crochet crown which I think will work perfectly with my “happy friday” art. Look how perfectly it fits on top and matches the ribbon!!!

I’m over the moon with what I received. Magpie - I can only hope that once you get mine, that you like it even half as much as I love my package from you. There’s possibly no way you can like it as much. :heart:

9 Likes

I love the little aprons and would be interested in seeing what you used as a guide! I know a few friends who are working as servers and would love a nice new apron!

Yes, the fabrics used are just so contemporary and cute! I love the little street scape!

You got two hearts? Spoiled rotten, you are!!! They are both fabulous…

And that little F bomb is so appropriate for what happened…

But wait, nothing made from some used jean crotches? :joy: No cha-cha?

4 Likes

Hahahah! Not unless she added it as an interfacing to be sneaky without telling me. :wink:

2 Likes

I am still laughing at that…you crack me up!

1 Like

I was thisclose to using black denim from a (new) pair of jeans that ended up not fitting after purchase. THIS.CLOSE, bah ha ha ha ha!
Glad you like it, it was loads of fun to make it all. & I’m going to love whatever you made for me, I can’t wait to see what it is!

2 Likes

I got a nice package from Anna.Wahnsinn.

It started with a mysterious tiny box but with plenty of lovely things in it.

opened it looked like this

Then some tissue not knowing what it was

But when i took it out, it was a very useful and nice pocket belt: a perfect match for my medieval-*fairy festival clothes: It has 2 small pockets and in the middle a bigger one. .I do love the way to close it with the Ribbons in 3 colors.

The fabric is really lovely

What did i see then

First there was a pretty card with some explanation from Anne

The bars seemed to be the local speciality : candy with peppermint, very good it seems when you have a cough

At the bottom there was oh so yummy dark chocolate as a treat

I was very curious what was in the little box.
But first I found some nice purple flower pedals which i can use to put in my hair or making a flower for a brooch

And then the little box revealed his secrets
first there was a bracelet

and then 12 incredible lively bobby pin: 6 with a flower and 6 with a small branch of tree with flower. It little fine craftsmanship to make such nice pins

Saturday we celebrate Ostara with an online festival but i will dress up and put those pins in my hair!:slight_smile:

And last but not least an ATC card made wit dot-painting technique

Thanks Anne
It was an unexpected swap-package.
Marijke (Myrthena)

10 Likes

The apron is fantastic

2 Likes

I’m so happy you like everything!

2 Likes