Use What You Have - Round 2 Swap Gallery

Oh! What a great package! That mushroom piece is adorable and those fingerless gloves look amazing and so soft and squishy and warm! The tonal yarn you used is beautiful.

So many more awesome goodies, wow! I think I must have missed a few before, scrolling on my phone.

@Magpie there are no progress pictures of the pocket belt, I’m very sorry. I often forget to take pictures while I work. But maybe I could make another one — I just need to find another recipient. It is pretty straightforward, too. (Or at least the version I made is. You can of course add closures, zipper pockets, make deeper pockets, add ties to lace the components to your preferred size, have buckles and rings, line all the things…)
What I did this time was make a pattern, label it, and hold on to it. This was the third (or maybe even fourth) pocket belt and every time I had to start from scratch…

2 Likes

Whatever spontaneous magic you worked, it turned out awesome!

The postal fairies saw fit to release my package from @PrincessP yesterday! When you least expect it…

Look at all the goodies!

It’s getting hot here so the candy needed a quick rest in the fridge before I sampled it. I’m excited over the vegemite and from the sounds of my husband it’s going to be allll miiiine :grin:

This hoop has got the stamp of approval from both of us and is going up in the tv room/game room as soon as possible. It’s “vault boy” from the Fallout games, we both enjoy playing Fallout 76.

I love this assortment of envelopes!

Last but not least, this pretty strawberry flag. I haven’t decided where to hang it yet, but it makes me look impatiently at our wild strawberries. They’re blooming and I’m waiting for those sweet, sweet berries.

Thank you Lauren! This was the perfect week to receive a lovely package and some aussie treats.

4 Likes

Since my original package was MIA for so long I also got an angel package from @AuFish It got here after a bit of a hold up in customs (Nothing wrong with the package, they just like to hold them hostage and demand commercial fees sometimes. There are no fees for gifts so a bot of arguing and they’ll release it)

Anyhow, photoshoot time! It was so sunny I could hardly see my phone scree :sunglasses:

Here’s the entire package, minus a few cat toys (because cats). There are two crocheted bags, one with a drawstring. Cat toys for the hooligans, some supplies for me and a very neat hoop!

Look at it :star_struck: Ikm not sure how it’s made, but it’s very cool and goes great with the other Fallout themed hoop.

I tried to take a better picture of the larger bag, I’m not sure if I succeded.

Close up. Those boinkz cat toys will be a hit!

And here’s a photo of the hoops on the wall. They look really nice together!

6 Likes

Those crochet bags will come in handy! I really like them because of the stretch…the colors are really vibrant and fun!

The hoop is nicely done…is it needle punch? I know she was doing some fantastic pieces in needle punch!

How fabulous! I still can’t believe how long it took to get to you from Australia :scream:
It’s so cool that we both made you fallout hoops :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

The hoop is needle-punched. It is a newish hobby I picked up. I’m glad that everything arrived safely and is being enjoyed. :blush:

5 Likes

Oh, I’ve been meaning to try something like that! I’ve got a bunka embroidery kit languishimg in my stash… Tried it on a workshop… bought a kit… mumblety years later it’s still in deep stash :expressionless:

At least it is still in your stash just in case the mood strikes again! It keeps your options open.

2 Likes