Use What You Have Swap - Gallery

It’s going to live in my workspace at the big library, so more appreciative people can see and admire it. :smiley: Since it’s a tin I can put it on the wall above me with a magnet, and that way it won’t get misplaced or damaged.

2 Likes

Yaaay! I’m so glad you like it! It’s always nice to know your efforts are appreciated by the recipient!

Such an awesome gallery so far! ((swap anxiety intensifies))

That mini bookcase is droolworthy, @Bunny1kenobi! The tiny bound books are amazing!

I adore that pink little bunny, @Kwality570.

Gorgeous pillow cover, @Abbeeroad - the stitching is beautiful.

1 Like

Thank you @tendstowardschaos!

1 Like

I received! Everything is awesome! I got:

some handpainted fridge magnets:

a beauty and the beast pouch with a labyrinth inspired necklace

a crochet bag!

Thanks so much! I love everything!!

10 Likes

The magnets are awesome and I REALLY like that necklace!!

1 Like

What an awesome package! I love that you got some cool decorative items and some functional items. That box bag looks so well done and who wouldn’t love a little crochet tote?

3 Likes

Ooh, I really love that jack-o-lantern magnet! I like that they are all such different styles. The stained glass window Beauty and the Beast fabric is neat!

1 Like

I LOVE my swap package!! Received these goodies from @grenouille78 First she wrote me a letter about her items. i thought it was hilarious that she mentioned almost accidentally making sulfuric acid in her garage :rofl: There was also a recipe for homemade dog cookies WHICH SHE MADE :star_struck: and put in this cute good dog pouch she painted!! Îmwe was a fan!

There was also a super cute market bag that folds into a little pillow with an autumn leaf on it. I can’t wait to take this to my farmers market!

and THIS!!! The cutest little bat wing collar that i can pair with pretty much anything i own!!

This swap was super cool! it’s awesome to see how creative everyone got with what supplies they had. definitely a challenge! Thank you @grenouille78 for the awesome goodies!

12 Likes

Wow that collar is AMAZING!!!

4 Likes

That collar is awesome! And so very YOU!!

I know you love to make cookies for Imwe- how awesome to get a new recipe! I miss his sweet face, thanks for posting some pics of him, too! :heart:

3 Likes

I’m so glad you like it all! I wanted to give you a nice variety of things. The collar does go so well with your blouses! Yay! And I’m happy that Good Dog Imwe likes his treats! The one thing I felt bad about was the wacky color combinations on the little pouch. The purple zipper was the only one I had that was the right size. :woman_shrugging:t2:

The things we do for swaps! lol I’ve still got to find a good place to pour it out. :skull_and_crossbones:

These packages have all been fantastic! And I’m tickled that Imwe got in on the fun. :heart: in the same way funeral announcements will say “In lieu of flowers, please donate to…”, I think most dogs would like to tell us “In lieu of handmade toys or sweaters, SEND TREATS!”

3 Likes

That collar is so cool! And what a cute (and happy) pup!

3 Likes

@Abbeeroad lady, you are the bomb dot com for realsies. And Mother of Monsters? Clever woman.

1 Like

I could look at photos of Sweet Imwe all day. Alllllllll Dayyyyyyy 15 / 10 would agree.

This collar is DEAD.NICE.!! And obviously a PERFECT FIT for you!!! @grenouille78 Did you draft the design yourself? Great fabric choice, too!

3 Likes

I did! I saw that she had a similar one on her Pinterest. I studied the picture, then I got out one of my shirt patterns and traced out the collar piece. I made a couple of tissue paper drafts with the pointy wing bits, then I sewed a mock-up and tried it on. I found that, when I sewed the ridges into the collar, it shortened it up quite a bit and made it too tight; to fix that, I added extra length in the middle. The fabric was some faux leather stuff I had leftover from making boots for my daughter’s Axl Rose doll, um, eight years ago?? I had just enough! And that is the origin story of the bat wing collar. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

This is one of my very FAVORITE origin stories!

I love hearing of your inspiration, solutioning, and stash usage. Huzzah!

1 Like

Why, thank you!

1 Like

I think it is perfect! I actually have a little go bag I take on walks with him, and the little pouch hooks right on so I can treat him on our hikes! Thank you for all the wonderful things!

4 Likes