Vader cross stitch

Hi everyone, this is my first post ever here :relaxed:been a long time lurker. This is also my first big cross stitch project. I’ve made little cross stitches before in the past in HS, the little kits you can buy at Walmart/Michaels.

Anyways, this ended up taking me 2 years to complete, between starting other projects in between and working. There’s been a lot of late nights that turned to early mornings and a lot of swearing :sweat_smile: I wished I started taking progress shots since the beginning, but here’s some once I did start taking them

Thank y’all for looking :relaxed:

34 Likes

Welcome to the LettuceCraft community! I hope you like it here. I really love your cross stitch, very unusual colour scheme. This isn’t exactly a simple starter project, looks like it’s huge and a black background is extra challenging. I love that you framed it as well, I hope it’s now taking pride of place in the best spot in your house :slight_smile:

I don’t think you can see it yet, as a lurker, but for active members, we actually have a thread where we all share our in progress shots & motivate eachother. So please join in the discussions and discover the secret places where LettuceFriends gather.

6 Likes

Unbelievable, wow. I can’t even imagine the work a piece of this size & complexity took. All that black thread, oh my gosh. Incredible!

1 Like

That is stunning! The seemingly ‘random’ colours are very effective.

2 Likes

Wow! This is amazing! :slight_smile: And welcome to lettuce craft! :slight_smile:

1 Like

At least it was not all black…that would drive me to not make it…I love all the colors…it is vibrant and really blends together to make such an impressive piece!

Can’t wait to see more of your work…welcome…we love pictures and progress shots!

4 Likes

Wow, that is incredible. I bow to your patience

And welcome!

3 Likes

Beautiful work! I really like the design and all the bright colors. This is so impressive, especially considering it’s your first big cross stitch!

2 Likes

haha, even though it’s not all black (and Vader is) it was too much black for me :sweat_smile: I thought about just using a black canvas, but it would probably make it even harder :and drive me insane :crazy_face:

6 Likes

Somehow, despite the process shots, I only just clocked that this isn’t black fabric. Amazing.
:exploding_head:

4 Likes

Wow! It’s stunning! Great job.

2 Likes

You’re starting here with a big bang! This is so dang cool.

2 Likes

Wow! This is an ambitious project! You nailed it, though. I’m glad you stuck it out; it looks great!

Welcome! Can’t wait to see more of your work!

2 Likes

Wow, this is amazing!

I’m glad you posted progress shots, it made me realize how many colours are in this piece. I was sure it was black canvas until I saw it wasn’t.

2 Likes

Absolutely amazing. And welcome to LC!

3 Likes

I’m so glad you posted this!! It’s glorious!!

I also thought it was a black canvas. :exploding_head:

2 Likes

Welcome to LC! This is absolutely gorgeous! I applaud you for sticking it out for two years. It was a labor of love that was well worth the results!

3 Likes

This is amazing and absolutely gorgeous!!!

2 Likes

@gozer @GeekyBookworm thank you both ! :smiling_face:

2 Likes

:scissors: :space_invader: :thread: Congratulations! Your Vader Cross Stitch is a Featured Project this week! :thread: :space_invader: :scissors:

2 Likes