Vanilla Cupcakes with Maraschino Cherry Frosting

Tomorrow we are going to have a very small socially distant outside get-together with my dh’s parents and maybe sister. So, my son and I decided it was the time to try out the Maraschino Cherry Frosting recipe we’d been hanging on to.

We made the same vanilla cupcakes from scratch that we made for the Boston Cream Pie Cupcakes we made a few weeks ago.

The frosting was easy: 1 cup of butter, about 2 lbs (I didn’t weigh, but we used about 3 cups) powdered sugar, and about 8 tsp of maraschino cherry juice, and 1 tsp of vanilla extract. I started with 6 tsp of the cherry juice, but it still tasted too much like powdered sugar, so I added 2 more tsp and the vanilla (it was a substitute for the recipe’s almond extract.)

They are VERY sweet, so just a small dab of frosting goes a very long way.

I need to go and find buttercream or something else other than powdered sugar frostings, I think.

I think red sprinkles would’ve been pretty.

16 Likes

mmmm they look pretty and I bet with a good cup of coffee, the sweet would be perfect! (or milk!)

1 Like

These look both gorgeous and tasty!

1 Like

They look yummy! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Why don’t we have smellovision yet. :frowning: They look beeeautiful.

1 Like

Yum! Those look delicious! Does your son enjoy baking with you?

1 Like

Yum! Those look great!

1 Like

They look so pretty and so sweet! :smile:

1 Like

They look delicious!

1 Like

Thanks everyone! This quarantine has us trying Pinterest recipes!

@AudiobookLover my son loves to bake…me, not so much, although it’s been fun trying these out.

1 Like

These need to live in my belly.

3 Likes

Gorgeous! And now I want a cupcake.

1 Like

They sound delicious! I need to get my baking mojo back.

1 Like

Mmmm these sound delish