Vegan peanut butter silk pie

Just in time for Tofurkey day!

7 Likes

:drooling_face:

We always do vegan thanksgiving carry out from the Chicago Diner so I already have a whole pumpkin pie but I NEED to make this!

1 Like

It was super simple to make and I had no idea Oreos were vegan. Who knew?!?

I was just going to say I was surprised that Oreos were vegan. My BIL’s family is vegan. Bet they’d love this!

1 Like

Oh, that looks good!

1 Like

Huh. Apparently Oreos have been mostly vegan (seems to be some possible milk cross-contamination that may make some declare not vegan per their own FAQs) since the mid 1990s. I thought the cream was still made with hydrogenated animal fat, but now it’s hydrogenated vegetable oil. I’m not vegan or vegetarian, but I may have to try this one. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Yummers! This is going to be a great dessert for t-day!

1 Like

That looks lovely. Happy thanksgiving!

1 Like

Looks awesome! I totally just pinned it to my board of vegan desserts. I’m not vegan, but I am lactose intolerant, and desserts are always SOOO full of dairy products, so I’m always on the lookout for a good vegan dessert.

I did know Oreo’s were vegan! But I found out by accident. LOL. I had a friend who had recently gone vegan, coming to stay for a whole weekend, and would be working in my costume shop helping teach a seminar to my students. So I googled ‘accidentally vegan foods’, so I could find things that the whole group could eat, without making her feel out of place. Or having an item ‘just for her’ that the others felt like they couldn’t try. It was fascinating to see what showed up on the list. (Since she went vegan for health reasons, I did also bring healthy snacks like grapes, and veggies & hummus, and cooked healthy vegan meals while she was there. But costumes shops RUN on coffee/tea, and sugary snacks. So there had to be some sort of cookies on there!)

2 Likes

That’s exactly how I feel. I like making dishes that are “accidentally” vegan as well. My daughters boyfriend is vegan so I don’t want to be like “this is only for DJ!” Or make him feel self conscious about it. And everyone I mean EVERYONE had a slice of this and oohed and aaahed over how yummy it was

1 Like