Venkman the cat felt doll

Every time I make one of these felt creatures, I try to add a little more to it. I want to push them a little further and learn new skills with them. For this one, I added the custom coloring.
This is designed to match my dearly departed Venkman. He was my heart. Venk was 21 when he passed away at the end of July. It’s been hard. I have other cats, but he was the ONE, he was my child. I know his plaque seems a little mean to the other cats, but trust me, they can’t read.

I used Copic markers to add the color. You can use Prisma and Sharpies too. There are two techniques where you can set it before or after applying it. I decided to set it after, which makes the colors bleed a little. I wanted it to fade in a little more, as fur would.

I would always sing, “You are my Sunshine” to him, but switch out the sunshine for his name. So, I made him a bag with the sun shining on it. After I made it, I didn’t think Venkman was a bag kind of guy, so I am planning on designing him a backpack instead.

He also loved my baby blanket. He would knead on it. I decided I would make him his own, but I am horrible with yarn. Instead of attempting to knit or crochet it, I wove it. It turned out perfect since my blankie is woven too!

He is posing next to Venks ashes and a picture of him (and my other cat, Yeti).

37 Likes

What an incredible tribute!

2 Likes

Awww. We had an extra special cat; our five cats since then just didn’t measure up.
I hope they’re all friends past the rainbow bridge.

2 Likes

I always love seeing your felt doll creations, and this is such a sweet tribute! :heart_eyes_cat:

2 Likes

This is so absolutely sweet and amazing! I adore the coloring! You did such a good job making all of his little kitty marks.

2 Likes

The marking are fabulous…and unusual…a perfect tribute for a special pet. Your details are wonderful, down to the little blanket!

2 Likes

This is so sweet. Thanks for sharing all the little details…I feel like we all got to know Venkman a bit through them. And I totally had to sing “You are my Venkman” to see how it’d go. Lol.

A beautiful tribute!

2 Likes

What a special tribute!

2 Likes

Venkman lives! He looks so jaunty and ready to see the world, I hope you take him on some adventures. And the rest of the time, I love that he can sit by that plaque and look down on the other cats with confidence in his superiority. He earned it!

2 Likes

This is lovely down to ever bit of fiber.

2 Likes

Aw, he is so sweet! You did an amazing job on the coloration.

2 Likes

The markers are a great solution to create all the individual markings. What a sweet, sentimental piece.

2 Likes

Oh he is just wonderful! Fur friends are true friends :heart:

2 Likes

What a wonderful way to remember your special fur baby…thank you for sharing this with us.

2 Likes

This is so wonderful. What a sweet tribute.

2 Likes

Awe. Thank you. I know I am lucky to have had him. And my other cats are wonderful too. I’m lucky to have each and every one of them.

1 Like

He looks just like Venkman :hugs:

2 Likes

What a great idea. I also lost my extra special cat last year, along with my two oldest cats as well (2020!). I’ve been wanting to do some sort of crafty tribute to him but haven’t decided yet what to do. I like this idea.

2 Likes

awww himbs so cute!
i love this little tribute so much :heart_eyes_cat:

2 Likes

I love this so much

2 Likes