Lettuce Show Off Our Personal Swap Goodies!

Here’s what I got from @Magpie in that swap! Some beautiful coasters with leafy batik fabric in a gorgeous shade of blue :heart_eyes:. There’s even a layer of waterproofing inside!

I love how the fabrics are swapped on the other side.

Thank you Magpie, they are perfect for our living room table. Can’t wait for hubby’s next days off to sit and have coffee together before the kids get up :blush: Thank you for swapping with me!

14 Likes

@Dooney’s kitten nuggets are the cutest! The cardboard box is my favorite of all the accessories, too. What a fun surprise, @gozer! @Magpie , those coasters are very pretty too!

3 Likes

So happy they arrived & you like them. Thank you for swapping!

2 Likes

Hey @Dooney! That little nugget is beyond adorable! To get the varigation in the kitten, did you just include a different yarn for a stitch or two, and then tuck them inside? Or did you duplicate stitch them?

2 Likes

This one is these two yarns.

I started with the cream as the base, did the feet bobbles and tail in the variegated, back to cream, and then gradually made more and more of the stitches with the variegated until the top of the head was all variegated before finishing off. I did a lot of switching back and forth, and most of the time I just strung the unused color behind the other one.
I used a free pattern on Ravelry ( Ravelry: Kitten Nuggets pattern by Jazzmine Pittman ) but I did modify it a little in how the tail is done and no joining rounds. Hope that made sense!

9 Likes

I think it a terrifically fantastic coincidence that those are the very shades of Venkman the Cat. Not his marking so much but like a little sibling.

3 Likes

That is an incredibly clever way to get a piebald cat!

I also downloaded the pattern. Crochet is not my strong suit, but they’re so cute, you’re making me want to try! The variegated yarn is the win! Thank you so much for sharing! And the box was the chef’s kiss!

6 Likes

I thought it was just me, everything reminds me of him. :grin:
Thank you again. The kitty adoption is such a cute idea. The little certificate was brilliant.
Those coasters are beautiful. The batik fabric is so rich and dreamy. Its like an ocean. I love the way they squares are stylized and slightly off kilter. Beautifully done!

1 Like

Look at what @Magpie made for me!!! A mini art quilt! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes: she even added hanging loops on both sides in case I wanted to change which side was up. It’s so pretty! Thank you so much Tisha!

21 Likes

Beautiful!

1 Like

Beautiful mini quilt. It sparkles.

1 Like

So beautiful

1 Like

Gorgeous!

1 Like

Yay! So happy it arrived & you like it. Thank you so much for swapping with me :slight_smile:

1 Like

That is so cheery! I love all the vibrant batiks.

1 Like

Ok, not so much a swap, but @Clay_Hylian sent me a couple of his darling gnomes! They are so incredibly tiny and sweet!

16 Likes

Thank you so much for showing this off. This is a really neat forum! Thank you for encouraging me to send these little guys to you! It brings me pride to see everyone that loves these. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Oh my, these are precious!

3 Likes

Are those little gnomes spun cotton?

Either way, super sweet!

3 Likes

Actually they are super light and appear to be carved from some kind of foam.

3 Likes