Vintage kitchenware cross stitch

Finished this tonight and just had to show you guys right away. I only had this piece of blue fabric left, so it’s not big enough to frame. I’m thinking of using it as a stitched panel on a bag instead.

35 Likes

It is so cool. I love the designs

2 Likes

That is beautiful! I love your work!

2 Likes

Nice it would look good on an apron too.

2 Likes

Such a great piece, and beautiful stitching!

2 Likes

It’s really cute!! Beautiful!

2 Likes

I’d like to have a shelf of these in real life! Beautiful stitching and I love the color scheme

2 Likes

Might also be nice as an inset panel for a small wall hanging/banner. In my kitchen, I have a fabric banner hanging on one of my cabinet doors. It added a nice little pop of color to a kinda boring corner of the kitchen.

3 Likes

It came out wonderfully! I really love the designs of the kitchenware, too. I think it would nice if you added a fabric border around it and popped it into a frame- I’d hate to see all of that hard work get dirty!

4 Likes

I’ve stitched so much in my life I’m kind of running out of finishing ideas! But you’re right that it would get dirty after a while. Maybe I need to rethink this plan.

1 Like

Ooooh! This is great! I love the design :slight_smile:

The shape reminds me of one of those long skinny plastic bag holders, where you pull the plastic bags from the bottom. Perhaps you could sew it into one of those? Although we hardly get plastic bags in Australia any more :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

No, we don’t really get plastic bags any more either. It’s about 30 cm long so that’s why I thought of a tote bag. I’d have to add some fabric to the sides to get the right shape. At least this way I’d get some use out of it. I don’t need any more pillow covers.

I could make a wall hanging for the kitchen, I love the idea, but doesn’t fabric in the kitchen eventually get pretty dirty? And honestly framed items look nice but I just hate framing so much.

2 Likes

The colors you chose are amazing! What a cool piece. This would be amazing for a bag insert.

2 Likes

Whatever you do with it, will be great! Love the design and your stitching is fabulous. If you frame it, maybe glass would protect it from kitchen grease? If you do a bag, maybe there is some sort of protective coating you could give it. Would it work to put a clear vinyl over it? I know there used to be some spray-on products to protect from water and spills, also. Are those still a thing?

2 Likes

I love it!

2 Likes

Whatever you do with it, I hope it stays safe and clean. It’s wonderfully done.

1 Like

Cute!

1 Like

Congrats! Your Vintage Kitchenware Cross Stitch is one of this week’s featured projects. You rock!

2 Likes

Yaaaay! :smiley:

Oh I love it, the colours and the shapes. it is wonderful

1 Like