Vintage-Pattern Crochet Coaster

Had a vintage pattern (1950’s I think) for a pot holder, and worked it up using crochet thread.

…and it ended up being the size of a coaster! I may do it over with yarn, but until then, I have a cute coaster. I attached felt to the bottom for better absorbency.

21 Likes

That’s so pretty!

2 Likes

It’s a delightful coaster!

1 Like

That is so gorgeous. I mean, wow, pretty!

1 Like

It’s so pretty! Very retro feel.

2 Likes

Thanks so much!

So cute!
I have an old crocheted pot holder; it’s pretty small, maybe 6" across at the most. So maybe yours didn’t come out as far off size as you think.

2 Likes

This is really sweet. Adding the felt is a great idea for absorbency and structure.

1 Like

Amazing! I can’t believe you can actually crochet with crochet thread. I’ve tried and the squinting to see what I’m doing drives me batty. I sadly think it might be time for some readers. :slight_smile:

So gorgeous and such a lovely little coaster!

2 Likes

What a great pattern!

1 Like

Thanks again, everyone! I do think the pattern is cute.
@steiconi, it measures about 3.5” across the middle. So it would have to be for a very tiny pot! Most patterns of this age used crochet thread, so I just assumed this one did, too. But clearly, it was designed for yarn.

2 Likes

So pretty!

1 Like

This is so spring-like and pretty. If you made the pot holder, you would have an adorable matching set!

2 Likes

Wow! Love the pattern and the color selection

1 Like