Vintage-style Ruffly Bib Apron

I made this vintage-style apron for a friend for her birthday.

The body fabric has this cute vintage hankie print. Watercolor-look strawberries and white polka-dots on a hot pink background.

PinkYellowApron04

Those ruffles, particularly the one along the hem, were a bit of a chore, but totally worth it! The pattern is Butterick 5474, View C. I made View A a couple years ago for another friend, next I want to try View E for myself.

18 Likes

I love these type of aprons for decoration in my kitchen. I won’t use them :rofl:, just look at them.

3 Likes

That’s the pattern choice I used too! But I didn’t do those pockets. Yours turned out super cute. I bet I know who it was for, I’m guessing she loves it!

3 Likes

Thanks, friends!

The recipient has been wearing aprons lately for housework, so I hope she will actually wear it!

2 Likes

Very nice!! I’ve made a few similar aprons using a Simplicity pattern, but maybe I should check this one out as well.

I am also a wearer of aprons and wearing a nice one does make housework less bad. I spent too much time getting stains out of clothing, had to admit my grandma was right about aprons.

4 Likes

I love the fabrics that you chose - it came out super cute!

1 Like

That is adorable! Your choice of fabrics is just perfect!

2 Likes

Thanks, pals!

1 Like

Yours turned out super cute especially the ruffles with that fabric.

2 Likes

The colors are so bright and cheery. Love that double pocket! And the ruffles are adorable!

3 Likes

Very stylish and lovely ruffles!!

2 Likes

Thanks so much, y’all!

1 Like

This is gorgeous, it’s so OTT ruffly and happy, and I love the fabrics you chose! @Magpie kindly sent me this pattern (:sparkling_heart:), it’s lined up in my queue of sewing projects - you’re inspiring me to get to it soon!

3 Likes

Aw, thanks! I can’t wait to see your take on this!

2 Likes

Ooh! This is gorgeous and the fabrics you picked are amazing!

2 Likes

It’s adorable. I like the double pockets

1 Like

THANK YOU!!!

@geekgirl The method for sewing those pockets was fun to learn - and obvious once I was doing it. :upside_down_face:

1 Like