Watercolor Leopard

I made this watercolor leopard for the recent grab a bag LC swap! It was a lot of fun to make.

I used metallic watercolors a well and had so much fun making it. I added some details with a white paint pen.

16 Likes

Oooh, very cool! Love the contrast between the varied background colors and the tawny leopard. So many details! Even hairs in the leopard’s ear. Really beautiful!

2 Likes

Thank you :purple_heart:

Love this. All those tiny details really elevated the work. It’s fantastic! I especially love that background. Don’t get me wrong, the leopard is great, but those little zigzags and dots are placed perfectly and that isn’t easy to do!

2 Likes

This is beautiful!!! I love the contrast between the darker background and the leopard!!!

2 Likes

Gorgeous. I love the contrast of the background and the leopard. The little details you added really make it pop!

2 Likes

Very cool! I like that the contrast between the leopard and the background is not just the warm vs. cool colors, but the boldness of the details. Even though there is a lot going on in the background, it’s subtle and doesn’t take away from the cat.

2 Likes

Beautiful!!

2 Likes

great shading! love the leopard and the background details

2 Likes

@gozer thank you! This painting was really fun to do because I just kept adding to it lol I was originally planning on leaving the background blank, but it was too boring that way so I basically doodled. Which was a lot of fun!

@GeekyBookworm thank you! I originally planned to make the leopard rainbow colors, but then I realized that the contrast with the warm leopard and cool background would be pretty cool! I’m glad others think so too!

@Kwality570 Thank you! I’m glad the details made it pop, that was I was hoping for! I actually had swap anxiety because I was worried my little leopard :leopard: wasn’t that great

@TheMistressT Thank you. I think that’s the hardest part for me about backgrounds. Not being too much, so I’m glad this one worked out!

@Bunny1kenobi Thank you! :purple_heart:

@geekgirl thank you! The shading was pretty fun to do. :grin:

3 Likes

This is beautiful!!!

1 Like

Thank you! :purple_heart:

Well done! All the layers & details really make everything pop. There’s so much to look at, it’s very cool.

1 Like