I made this fascinator for the family wedding we were to attend near Glasgow next week, but unfortunately COVID hit yesterday and we can’t go anywhere.
The motif is from the big, poofy-sleeved taffeta 80s dress that I frankensteined and I glued it onto some thin black felt with basting spray to give it some stability. I then cut two more backing pieces from a thicker black felt and glued the motif-and-thin-felt onto one.
I wanted to attach it to a headband, but I didn’t want to make it permanent. I tried a few different placements on my head (attaching with bobby pins) to work out how I wanted it to sit and marked the top and bottom points. I then cut two slits, headband width apart, at these points for some elastic, which I threaded through and sewed on. Then I glued the two layers together.