Wee House Craftalong

Hi! Here’s something you might try. If it works, it will save you a ton of work, and if it doesn’t you’ll not be any worse off.

You should be able to glue and clamp that piece to re-laminate it. Clean out the crevice as best you can with some stiff wire, or a small tool, and then remove the dust and debris. Use a can of dust off if you have one, or simply blow the stuff out (watch your eyes!)

Have a clamp, and some scrap boards ready to clamp the whole thing closed (C-Clamp, spring clamp, etc) It might be wise to cover your clamping boards with wax paper or plastic wrap to keep them from sticking to your work.

Use some carpenter’s wood glue. Elmer’s might work in a pinch, but it is not as strong. Work the glue into the crevice with a coffee stirrer, pipe cleaner, or anything that can get the glue down into the crevice. Clamp the whole wall, boards, plastic wrap together, and wait at least 24 hours before un-clamping.

Let us know how it went :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Thanks for the reply. This sounds simple enough. I will give it a shot!

I am always so impressed by those who can make wee food look so realistic. This is fabulous!

1 Like

@geekgirl your doll house as is reminds me of one of the most incredible art exhibits I have ever seen. Graeme Patterson, Secret Citadel. Some of his structures looked like yours, on purpose or were they old things he found abandoned in attics? Who knows, I only know that it was fantastic.

Hi everyone. I had some ideas to share and thing to add to the top post but unfortunately my computer is having some woes to the tune of needing to go into the shop so I’m not entirely sure when I’ll be able to properly contribute. But keep on talking and sharing :slight_smile: lots of excellent ideas being shared.

1 Like

I work in an ACTUAL BAKERY and my baked goods don’t come out looking this nice!

3 Likes

Oh thank you so much! How lucky to work in a bakery, I love bread.

@Datto your tips have helped! I still need to work on it some but I can see a difference. Thanks!

7 Likes

Not a house but a little folio I made

12 Likes

This reminds me of the larger one you recently posted. Love it!

1 Like

This is really lovely! Getting things neat so small can be such a trial.

More miniature goodness. This one is a house. LOL!

You can see all the details here:

4 Likes

@geekgirl that’s such an amazing dollhouse, I’m certain that in the end it will be gorgeous, and great that it worked gluing the wood together :smiley:

@MissingWillow OMG, I can’t wait to see the whole bakery! The baked goods look amazing so far

@kittykill, I’ve akready said it on the post about the folio, ADORABLE! And the shadowbox is really cool :smiley:

1 Like

It’s true. Tiny things are freaking cute! Keep up the amazing mini work, ladies!

1 Like

Hi guys, I want to share some miniature flowers that I made with paper and some flower buckets from an old carton that I have around the house, I am trying to make a flower shop or a mini garden, I haven’t decided yet, i hope I could make a roombox at least.

13 Likes

Those flowers are fantasic!

1 Like

A flower shop room box would be neat. I see wine and cheese there too so maybe you are planning a romantic Valentine’s Day scene?

2 Likes

Thanks @BigMamma83, thanks @Magpie, that’s a good idea🌹

So many tiny flowers! It reminds me of the flower stands at the market in Nice.

1 Like

I am in love with those flowers.

1 Like