Wee House Craftalong

AIMR how are you making the little plants themselves?

I took my air plants out of their shell for a deep soak, and now want to keep them out. So now I am thinking of some type of wild, fake replacement plants for the shells they were in.

Yes, I am making them from paper and macrame beads or whatever I can find to use as pots. I am going to make a diorama for my brother since he loves anything miniature.

They are helpful for me to make even smaller ones for the dollhouse I am redoing this summer as well.

3 Likes

Can’t wait to see it!

1 Like

Made a planter of hydrangeas:

I’ve donated all of the dollhouses accumulated over the years, knowing full well they were never going to be finished (or even opened in most cases). Sticking to tiny things works right now, so maybe a gnome home is possible.

11 Likes

I can’t even imagine…are all of the flowers in the background miniature as well?

Beautiful…hope my little garden diorama for my brother will have some flowers…I am using a tutorial by @steiconi to make some vines…tiny is not my strong suit, but my brother loves them!

1 Like

They’re perfect :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Those are wonderful!

I love it

So cute

so pretty and cute! :slight_smile:

Making this vintage lamp post with iron metal signage.
Materials used chopstick, paper quill for base, metal eyelet for the lamp hole, cardboard paper for the iron metal and signage, some jewelry wire for attachment and acrylic paint.

Hope you like it

11 Likes

Whoa. Truly amazing! Thank you for sharing your technique!

1 Like

That’s really cool! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very cool ironwork!

Not architecture-related, but the household dolls held a climate protest this weekend:

I’m not sure how I missed this craftalong!!! I LOVE miniatures!

I won’t bother boring y’all by posting the miniatures I’ve done that already have their own threads, but I may add some goodies here now and again!

5 Likes

How have I missed this craftalong. I’ve just posted a minature kit that I made, and I’m perplexed as to how to link it here

Edit: I figured it out

4 Likes

hey everyone! Sorry I’ve been away, but you know how it is this year.

I got a spark of inspo today and started on this bed:

It’s made of paper wrapped floral wire and superglue presently, I plan on wrapping the “twig” slat ends with twine to properly join them with the bed and I’m trying to decide on a headboard/footboard design. It’s loosely based on this tutorial by Ann Wood and is sized with her “tiny rag doll” pattern in mind, which i have yet to perfect but I AM DETERMINED.

5 Likes

Ooh, I like the wired raffia idea—we just inherited a lot of that from a neighbor clearing out his stash from teaching sunday school ages ago.

1 Like

Really a cute way to use up the paper floral wire…I love Ann Woods tiny doll…she just put out a free pattern for the cutest overalls…yes, the bed would be perfect!

1 Like

Some updates: I got the bed done, sorta. I still have to dry brush it and add “moss” and other plant-based things + a mattress etc.

And then I decided I might try my hand at making some tiny owls because witches always need an owl for a friend. So I made these:

9 Likes