Weird Thank Yous for Helping with my Weird Collection

I have a weird collection. It’s foreign toothpaste. And while everyone acknowledges it is weird, I have been lucky that quite a few folks also find it fun enough to randomly send me toothpaste from their travels! Family and close friends are great sources, but I’ve also received toothpaste from people like a friend of a friend who I met at a party once, our financial adviser, and someone who worked at TheMisterT’s publisher who I’d just met at a con. These people deserve a special thank you.

ToothpasteThanks01-01

I cut the images on my Cricut and mounted them to 5x7 flat card blanks that I stamped on the back.

ToothpasteThanks01-02

And while I was at it, I stamped a little on the envelope.

ToothpasteThanks01-03

And here is a portion of the collection displayed in our upstairs bathroom.

ToothpasteDisplayExample01

23 Likes

The cards are lovely, but I just have to compliment you on such a unique collection and a great display! How nice to be able to enjoy it rather than simply leaving the tubes in a tub.

There has to be a story behind this collection. How did you start getting interested in international toothpaste?

2 Likes

I love this!

1 Like

I love the paper you used for the tubes on the cards. Thank you for sharing your unique collection. They make a really cool bathroom display!

1 Like

Thank you! It started simply because the first time I got to travel out off the US (almost 25 years ago now!)I ran out of toothpaste. And I found it interesting that the toothpaste I bought was a familiar brand but in Spanish. Then a couple years later I got to take my second international trip and discovered some totally unfamiliar brands and some packaging that looks totally different than what I was used to. I also have a few novelty toothpastes, but mostly they’re international.

3 Likes

Love the cards, love the collection.
Celebrate Weirdness! Everyday!

1 Like

Love this collection! So unique, and the display is great! The cards are perfect thank-yous!

1 Like

Thanks everyone! The pic is maybe half the collection? I need more frames as I have probably a few dozen more to frame up annnnnd there are 11 more frames on the walls but not in the photos. I gotta lot of toofpastes.

3 Likes

But… not all of them :wink:

1 Like

Indeed I do not have all of them!

1 Like

This is a fun collection and fabulous thank yous.

1 Like

That is quite the weird and awesome collection!! Too fun!!

1 Like

Some tubes look empty! Do you use them, too?

I love how fun the collection is! :metal:

1 Like

Ok, I’ve NEVER heard of anyone with a toothpaste collection. Is it weird? I guess so, but also pretty cool I think :smiley: And responding with cricut cards is really great of you :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks, y’all!

@JoyfulClover I use most of them, yes. All the tubes are empty!

4 Likes

This makes me the most happy! Have you found any you wanted to use again?

1 Like

So ‘weird’ seeing MY toothpaste on the wall as part of a ‘weird’ collection! Great idea for cards and the display is cool!

2 Likes

What an interesting thing to collect and cool that you try them all.

1 Like

Thanks!

@JoyfulClover Well, I have tasted a few I never want to try again! Some are just not a flavor I am used to for toothpaste and a lot of the ones are are marketed for children I find downright disgusting… like a super intense hard candy (Jolly Ranchers-ish) that does the opposite of making my mouth feel clean.

@mellybelly81 It’s not the toothpaste itself that’s weird, it’s collecting it that’s weird! Which one is yours?

4 Likes

Don’t know if it’s actually an Australian one you have, but we have the same packaging as this one.

2 Likes